Corinthian 72

After Paris got settled in at Cam's house, I told her I'd be back later to check on her since I had to go home and let my dad know what had happened to my car, I knew Paris would be safe there with Lauren and Cam. I was actually shocked that Cam said it was coo if she stayed there but considering that him and Liberty were in the same situation when they were our age; I could see why he did it. I got home and needless to say my dad was pissed, thankfully his anger wasn't directed at me but at Paris's crazy ass grandma; he almost went to tell Mama Angela what happened but she was still holed up with Michelle and Jade having 'girl talk' and he knew better than to interrupt her. I burrowed Marquise's car and went back to Paris's house to grab some of her clothes that were still laying in the yard, before heading back over to Cam's house to check on Paris. It was hard being there because all she did was mostly cry and a small part of me wanted to cry too but I knew I had to be strong for her because all her dreams were going to have to be put on hold until we figured out what our next move was going to be. The next morning I was walking around my classes in a daze...... damn my life was fucked up; my girl was pregnant, my birth parents were getting a divorce, my brother's marriage was on the rocks, my little brother was a bitch ass nigga....... I needed a blunt.

"Wassup Cori?" Trinity asked walking over to me, I looked around and noticed that Xavier, Kylan and Marcel great here we go. "So we're thinking about cutting school, you wanna ride with us?" Trinity said and I already knew he was planning something stupid but I went nonetheless because I was too distracted to focus on school.

"You aight Cor? You look like you're going to be sick......" Marcel said and nodded. "Good because I don't want you throwing up..... yet. I heard about Paris..... Uncle Marcus came over last night high as a kite and you know him and my mom love to gossip, y'all know what y'all are going to do?" Marcel asked.

"It's whatever Paris wants...... I really don't have a choice in the matter. Kylan why the fuck are you smirking? I'm over here going through it and you've been smiling at your phone since we got in the car." I said looking at my cousin. "Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"Nigga don't worry about who I'm talking too, what you need to be focused on is your kid." Kylan said without glancing up from his phone. We got to Trinity's house and up to his room, we started smoking and we got to the real reason why they brought me here......

"I really don't like y'all....." I said ripping down the 'CONGRATS YOU'RE STUPID' banner they had hanging up, I was slightly impressed they got it made so fast unless Trinity already had it made for occasions such as this. "Seriously y'all only brought me here to clown me, I should beat all y'alls asses...... y'all keep laughing this same thing can happen to y'all too." I said heated.

"Not me....." Xavier said pulling out a blunt. "Look Cori, we're you're friends.... you're family. We're going to clown you but at the same time you know we all got your back, I should be checking on my dude right now but I'm here making sure you're alright. You know Odion got a little mean streak to him so I'm risking a lot just being here with you because I know you're going through it." Xavier said.

"Not me either....." Kylan said still on his phone and this nigga was blushing like crazy. I walked over to Kylan and snatched his phone out his hand. Quamir...... well at least it wasn't Rondell's punk ass.

"Tell Quamir you'll text him later." I said. "Look I know I fucked up but I can't think about that now like I said it's all about Paris....... I'm scared y'all, I'm still trying to figure out who I am and now I got a kid on the way."

"Right now we're about to smoke this blunt and forget about everything..... then we'll start brainstorming ideas about what you and Paris's options are." Trinity said passing me the blunt and for the next few hours I was able to forget about all my problems........... "So I was thinking Cori.... why don't you and Paris move in with me? My brothers are getting me a house for graduation, I've actually already picked one out and I'm spoiled so I already know they've got it already..... I really don't wanna live by myself so you and Paris should move in and be my roommates."

"I've already decided that I'm going to Florida State and Paris is going to Howard..... so by the time you get settled into your new place it'll be time for me to leave for college." I said.

"Cori you know damn well you haven't decided where you're going yet, and let's be real you know you don't wanna move to Florida me, Kylan, Marcel and Xavier are all going to the University of Houston and you know you wanna stick with the team....." Trinity said and though I was still torn between the two I was leaning more towards Florida.

"Odion baby slow down....." Xavier said laughing. "Aight I'll tell them. Aight so I got some good new and bad news which do y'all wanna hear first?" Xavier said smirking, we decided on the bad news first since I liked to end things on a good note. "The bad news is Paris's grandma showed up at your house trying to cuss everybody out....... the good news is Mama Angela is there and well you know how that's about to go so we better get going before we miss the good stuff." Xavier said and we all rushed out Trinity's room trying to get back to my house.........

We had missed the argument but thankfully Marquise recorded some of it and well I've never seen so many low blows without anyone throwing a single punch in my life. But we were all sitting around and for some reason Liberty was here but I didn't want her saying a word to me. Me and Paris walked up to my room and she sat on my bed, tears still streaming down her face.

"Cori..... I'm getting an abortion, I talked to your mom and she thinks it's for the best." Paris said wiping here face, I know I said I would respect any decision she made but this was taking things too far and I should at least have a say in the final choice.

"Wait let's talk about this for a second....." I said jumping up.

"Cori you need to let her make her own decision in this matter, she has her own life to think about because in the end she's going to be the one raising this child not you....." Liberty said walking into my room.

"No one asked you for your opinion Liberty..... is that why you've been cheating on Cam because you blame him for how your life turned out? Because you got pregnant in high school and now that you've already ruined Cam's life you wanna move on to ruining mine. THIS IS MY KID AND I SHOULD HAVE A SAY IN THE MATTER!!!!" I yelled heated and my dads walked into the room confused.

"What's going on?" Dad One asked looking at me.

"Khalil, Marcus I'm trying to explain to Cori that the best thing for Paris right now is to get an abortion and her grandmother agrees with me..... as his mother I......"

"MAN GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT SHYT YOU'VE NEVER BEEN MY MOTHER!!! THOSE ARE MY PARENTS RIGHT THERE AND PARIS YOU'RE NOT GETTING RID OF MY BABY, THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS!!!!" I yelled.

"CORI I'M NOT READY TO BE ANYONE'S MOTHER AND YOU DAMN SURE AREN'T READY TO BE SOMEONE'S FATHER!!!!!" Paris yelled before she started crying again, I could tell Liberty wanted to say something or smile but I walked out the room before I started swinging on her. I got downstairs just as Saint was walking in the house with Mario.

"Wassup Cori? Uncle Khalil in there? Me and him were supposed to hit the golf course today and discuss business...... why are you staring at me like that?" Saint asked looking at me, but I was already forming an idea in my head..... now I completely understood what Cam and Liberty were going through when they found out she was pregnant with me and the very tough decision they had to make..... but at this point it wasn't about me or Paris it was about what was best for my child. Tear started falling from my eyes as I looked at my cousin hoping beyond hope that he'd agree to go through with this plan that had come to the forefront of my mind.

"Saint....... I need a favor." I said crying because I was about to make the hardest decision in my young life..............................

****** QUESTIONS ******

1) Is Liberty wrong for suggesting that Paris get an abortion?

2) Should Cori be mad that Paris is considering getting an abortion?

3) What do you think Cori is going to ask Saint and what do you think Saint's answer will be?