Chapter 20

As I stood next to Decorus, I looked upon our now clean and dead body free kingdom. We had found 16 Aqua survivors, and 4 Ignis. They went back to they're kingdom, and promised never to return to ours.

We returned a huge favour to Lesley, and turn her Aqua. It didn't take that long, just for the leaders of the kingdom to look into her eyes. She now looks healthy and fresh, after a long soak in our bath.

Me and Decorus moved our things into Bellus and Atrox's old room. Unfortunately, they hadn't survived the war, and we were all very upset. We had a ceremony for all those brave faeries who died in the war. It was quite depressing, but we made it through.

As I lay in bed, Decorus' body sound asleep next to me,  I thought through the wonderous evens of my life so far...

When I saw my first faerie. I can remember that clearly, the guy I thought was in fancy dress. The photo Nan gave me, it's still next to my bed at my human home. When I was chased, where this whole thing started!

In that patronising glass box, when I was changing. The first time I saw Decorus, who back then I thought was nothing to do with me! When I met my best friend to this day, Cynthia and all the fun times we had together in training. The announcment.

The 'date' in the forest, where we were attacked. When I had to lie to everyone. The ceremony, and the war. That was supposed to be the best day of my life, but turned out to be the worst. When I was kiddnapped, and that long night in the prison.

I was going to die: but I didn't. The best time up to now, is when I was reuntied with my love, and my best friend.

But there was one thing I forgot.

One thing that would make everything ok.

One thing that started this all.

One thing.

The power sources.