Chapter 19

A body dropped to the floor. I shuffled over, and lifted their face. Caput. He was dead. My face broke out into a smile. His features were dull and lifeless. Who did this? I stood up, letting his limp face fall harshly. I spotted a knife jammed into his back. The knife was gold, and intricatly patterned with jewels.

It was Decorus' knife. 

A hand suddenly rested upon my right shoulder. I turned to see a pale blue face, his eyes bright, full of hope. His lips crashed against mine, the pull between us like an elastic band. I wrapped my weak arms around his neck, as he put his around my hips. He lifted me up, as I wrapped my legs around his warm torso, and sparks flew between us. I pulled away. There was just one thing I had to say.

"Thank you."

A tear streamed down my face, and like a mirror, so did his.

 He carried me over to somewhere, as I rested my head in the crook of his neck. He placed me down gently on the floor, and I looked up. I ran over to Lesley, through the lush green grass, and embraced her tightly.

"How...?" I trailed off slowly.

"Long story short, I searched for Decorus, found him, and he decided to get his 'revenge'." she replied.

I said, "Well that wasn't the plan."

"Well, I wanted to give you a surprise. And here's another one."

A figure approached, wing in a bandage. I could recognise that smile any day. I ran over to Cynthia, embracing her in a hug. She hugged back, tears streaming down my already swollen face.

"What happened." I demanded.

"Um..." she reluctantly mumbled.

"Tell. Me. Now."

"I went to fight, and I got smashed against a wall by a Ignis, which broke my wing." she replied solemnly.

"I will stay with you until you are fully recovered."

She laughed, "Thanks, but I think Dee needs you more than I do."

I turned to him. I walked slowly towards him. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a silver shiny braclet.

"I think this is yours." I checked my wrist.

No braclet. I shakily took it off him, and looked on the back of the heart shaped charm. It was still there. I gently wrapped it around my wrist. I looked into his glistening eyes.

I whispered, "Let's go home."

******

We arrived back at the kingdom; what a horrible sight. Dead bodies everywhere, the smell of blood filling my nostrils. Most of the bodies were blue. Arrows spread across the floor, every inch of wall and floor, covered in deep red blood. I walked forwards, in to my kingdom, into my home. This was my mess. I had to clear it.