Chatper 11

What the hell was going on? I looked around and no one was there, but when I saw Decorus, there was I huge wound in his left hip, and a burnt arrow on the floor.I fumbled around, eventually managing to stand up. I ripped so chunk of material of my skirt with my sharp as a knife nail, and bandaged the bleeding cut. It merely covered the wound, but the now blood covered scrap of dress stayed in place.

Decorus' face was paler than usual, his mouth hanging open. It was then I realised. He wasn't breathing. I almost had a flipping panic attack, all sorts of thought running manicly through my head. I did the first thing I though was sensble enough to do.

Run.

I hurridly ran in and out of the dark trees, holding his limp body, my face drowned in tears. The tall empire came in to sight, and I headed towards the main gate. My face was suddenly against the floor, my foot searing with pain. I reluctantly looked up, and saw a orange, menacing face look down on me. The Ignis.

"Well, this isn't what I expected." spitted a unrecognisable voice.

"What?" I managed to stutter out.

He said, "YOU were supposed to die, not HIM. He saved you, you know. He saw me, the great Adrogans, and was scared like the baby he is.”

“Why, did you want to kill me?” I whispered.

“Things get passed on. We knew you were powerful, and the new heir to the throne. It was the only thing we could do. Kill you, get you power source, and we create a huge empire and take over the world!”

I thought, great, now we know their plan. We can defeat them with even more ease! I suddenly felt a cold sharp object against my neck. I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t.

“If you say a word about this to anyone, I will come and find you, and let’s just say, there will be consequences.” Adrogans quietly stated.

He bared his razor sharp teeth, and in a flash, was gone. I was frozen for a second, in shock. I stood, brushed myself off, and carried on towards the gate. With all those thoughts swimming around in my head, I forgot why I was rushing. Decorus.

******

The smell of the medical equipment stung my sensitive nostrils. The sight of Decorus, lying limply in the clean sheeted bed broke my heart. I couldn’t stand to look at him, all those things, those tubes sticking out of him. You would have thought there would be blood in the bags, right? Wrong. There was a strange, blue, sparkling liquid being tubed into him. I assumed it was medicine, something to help. I was sitting by his pale face, my eyes burning from crying.

A tear trickled down my soft face, and fell gently on his left cheek. His lip quivered, and his eyes slowly opened. I gazed into them, lost in the glittering blue.

Untold TaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara