Chapter 10

The day passed by, my nerves getting stronger. I was chilling in my room, still recovering from passing out, when an abrupt knock at the door interrupted my rest.

"Come in? I asked, wondering who on earth would want to see me.

A green, small creature, as we now refer to as ''servus'" stood by my door timidly.

It said, "Decorus sends message. Meet at edge of forest, 4 'o clock evening. Thanks you."

"Uh, thanks." I replied.

It backed off, and closed the door smoothly behind it. Well that was new.

I was almost ready, dress, check, hair, check, shoes, check, confidence, not check. I was more nervous than a mouse is to a bear. I checked my Me to You bear watch. 5 minutes to go. I didn't want to be late, so I walked out into the breezy corridor outside mine and Cynthia's room. I made my way slowly to the edge of the woods, and waited. After a few minutes, Decorus came in to my gazing vision, with something behind his back.

He appeared infront of me and handed me something, saying, "Here, I, uh, bought you something."

I was given a small navy blue box, with a ribbon around it. Aw, how sweet! He bought me a present. I carefully undid the ribbon, and opened the box, my hand shaking with anticipation. Wrapped in pretty paper, was a thin silver chain, with a beautiful silver heart charm. I picked it up with precaution and inspected the charm. I'd never seen anything like ti! The small heart had gorgeous intricate patterns engraved into it. I turned it over and saw the initials:

D.F

+

A.H

How thoughtful! Decorus took the bracelet, and I took off my watch. I slipped it into my pocket, and held out my wrist. He undid the clasp, and wrapped the delicate chain around me. It fitted perfectly!

"Thank you." I whispered in awe.

I quickly hugged him, but when I tried to pull away, he wouldn't let go. I didn't mind though. We embraced each other gleefully, my heart feeling like it was beat ing right out of my chest. Eventually, we let go. He suddenly grabbed my hand, and pulled me through the woods, in and out of the trees. When we had been walking for a good 5 minutes, he stopped. The silence was now unbearable.

"Tell me about yourself." I blurted out.

"Well, um, there isn't really much to tell. I've been a faerie all my life, and never known anything different. My parents are the king and queen, and I've always been treated like royalty, which I am. I hate it. Everytime I go to do something, someone esle has to step in and do it for me. It does get annoying, but I'm used to it. What about you?"

So, I told him about my Mum and her partner, and Nan and how it all happend, when I got to his part, he held up his hand and turned to stand infront of me.

"I know what happens next," he discreetly whispered, "I was forced into it. I didn't want to, but if I didn't, I knew there would be consequences."

There was a awkward silence which seemed to go on for ever. He suddenly lifted up my chin and I looked into his piercing blue eyes. It was like he could see inside me. I felt his lips softly brush against mine, and my eyes closed. I heard fireworks, and my heart exploded. He pulled away, and looked up. Fear showed in his eyes. I heard a arrow being shot, and my body was sharply pushed to the side.

I glanced up, and saw blood.