Chapter 9

As the giant digestive dissolved slowly under me, I found myself on my own, blue bed, feeling much better than I did. As I stood and made my way to the experiments room, I heard a loud chatter coming from it. But when I arrived, the room froze.

"Why did you all stop?" I asked.

Cynthia replied, "Don't you remember?"

I didn't.

"Remember what?" I asked, curiously.

"You know, about, eh em, the announcement."

Then I remembered.

"Oh, uh, yeah." I felt awkward, and I'm sure everyone else did too.

"So...." mumbled Cynthia.

I shuffled back to my room, not being able to bear the silence any longer. I'm sure it would be forgotten about the day after. Then I remembered what was happening the day after. my date in the forest with Decorus, the Love of my life. Up until then I thought it was just a little crush on the heir to the throne, but when I was told I had to marry him, I realised that's exactly what I wanted. I loved him.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow! I wasted my time alone figuring out what to wear. I wouldn't usually be bothered what I looked like, but this time I wanted to make a good impression. After a long hour of decisions, I chose a turquoise, summer dress, which was just above my knee and had slim straps. It made me feel beautiful, which I defiantly wasn't. I hoped he would like it. then I had to figure out how to have my hair. I chose down and curly, because I always had it up and I was getting bored of it. I finally chose the shoes to wear. This was the easiest! Straight away, I went in my wardrobe and fetch my favorite pair of shoes. My turquoise flats. They were so pretty. I loved them to bits.