Chapter 18

A large bang awoke me from my slumber. I rubbed my eyes; same place. I sighed. I sat up slowly, as I heard small footsteps across the aged floor.

"Are you awake yet?" a small voice almost whispered.

I looked to see where the voice had come from, and it was Lesley.

"Yes, thanks." I replied.

She suddenly looked around causiously, and scurried towards me. She motioned for me to come closer, so I did.

"Look, I don't want to get you killed. Caput has a plan, and I'm not going to let that happen. I don't want to be at war, the Ignis is terrible! I was once an Aqua faerie. I was out in the forest, collecting wood, when I was kidnapped. I was turned Ignis, and I have been ever since. I want t back to the Aqua, and help you. Caput is going to come and fetch you..." she told me his plan.

Every now and then, I nodded and made noises of agreement.

She finished with, "...so, will you help?"

I smirked. "Of course."

She smiled back. "Well, I'll see you later."

"Wait!" I exclaimed, making her jump.

"Thanks." I said.

I took her in my arms. She hugged back, like I'd known her all my life.

"Bye." she whispered.

I sat back down, thinking about what the day ahead would bring. I knew it would be good.

******

My arms were aching from the two faeries gripping them tightly. I was struggling hard, trying to free myself, but it didn't work. I was smashed down onto my knees, my legs damp from the blood dripping slowly from them. Caput was standing broadly in front off me, his arms crossed against his chest. He was wearing a baggy pair of orange trousers, a ripped orange t-shirt and a steel helmet. He walked round me slowly, watching my every move. I returned in front of me, then spoke at last.

"Your troops. They could not defeat ours. Most of them are dead, but the few remaining ones are in our prisons."

I was  speechless. That couldn't be true. It couldn't.

He carried on. "Now it's your turn. What do you have to say now, Miss Know It All?"

I said nothing.

"Well then, that makes this whole precedure a whole lot quicker."

He pulled a large knife from behind his back. I froze. Lesley didn't say anything about knifes.

"Three..."

The knife was above me, taunting me.

"Two..."

It was closer. My heart was pounding, my head was spinning. Where was she? Where the hell was Lesley?

This wasn't going to plan I was going to die. Right there. Right then.

"O-"