Chapter 12

The day of the ceremony came. Decorus had recovered from his 'slip'. I had to tell a tiny lie. According to everyone else, he tripped over a tree root and his hip got caught on a branch and ripped his skin. I know, not entirely believable, but after a whole load of persuasion, the doctor came through and thought I was telling the truth. Pah! I'm actually surprisingly good at lying...

Me and Decorus had spent a suprising amount of time together after the accident. It was kind of obvious that we liked each other, but no one mentioned anything. At one point I thought I was going to admit to liking him, but I held myslef back.

Anyway, t was 2 months after Decorus' accident, and the invites were sent out. I opened the blue, carefully sealed envelope, pulled out a shining letter and read:

Dear Abigail F. Harvers,

You are formally invited to the wedding of Yourself and Decorus, on the 19th of July. You will be crowned as Queen of The Aqua, and will have half responsibility for our kingdom. A dress will be delivered to you a week before the ceremony and will be escorted to the room of the wedding.

Yours truly,

Atrox and Bellus.

A pang of worry stuck me. This was really happening. I was getting married at 17. But, the 19th of July, it rung a bell...oh yeah. It was my birthday. Cynthia stormed in to our room, and slammed the door with a huff.

"Woah, what's up, Miss Mardy?" I asked.

"Oh, you wanna know what's up?" she said, "Well, just that out of every other faerie in the building, I was the only one that didn't get an invite."

I pointed to our wooden desk, and there lay an envelope, similar to mine.

"Oh, uh, I knew that.." she said, and picked up the delicate paper.

She carelessly ripped it open, and unfolded the letter, to find a huge tear in the side. She silently cursed, and scanned the swirly writing.

"You know," I said to myself, "Some day, that girl's clumsiness is gonna get her killed."

"Do shut up.," she replied in retaliation, "Hey, let's have a look at your invite."

I showed her the glossy piece of paper.

"Ooooh, very nice." she sung.

"Abs is getting married, she's gonna be a queen." she repeatedly rapped, whilst skipping round the room.

"But you know what," I shouted over her, "It's on my birthday."

She froze.

"What."

"You heard me."

"Well... it'll be an even bigger celebration then! It'll be like, you turning into a woman." she struck a funny, supposedly 'sexy' pose, and I collapsed into laughter.

After we had finally calmed ourselves down, her face turned serious.

"Now, it's time to get down to business. Who's gonna tell who? Well, obviously you'll tell you future husband. Do wan me to tell Bellus?"

I replied, "If you would please."

"S'alright," she said, "I'll go fetch Decorus."

He arrived in my dorm, looking out of breath.

"Cynthia said there was an emergency." he said breathlessly.

"Oh Cynth, the drama queen, it's alright, I just need to tell you something." I said.

"You still like me, right?"

"Duh. It's just that the wedding's, on my birthday."

No answer.

"Cynth's just gone to tell Bellus, and I expect she'll tell Atrox."

"Uh, yeah, that's cool, no problem." he replied.

I sighed silently. At least there wont be any drama one the day. We were sitting opposite each other on the bed. We were looking at each other awkwardly, when Decorus leaned forward.

"Let's try our first 'kiss' again, without the drama."

His lips were on mine, and I felt exactly how I did before, but warmer. I wrapped my arms around his neck, embracing what I hoped I'd have for ever. I pulled away, and gazed into his beautiful eyes.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He replied, and my lips couldn't resist, and went to his, our souls interlocking.