Chapter 15

I wanted to get away from it all, but I knew I couldn't. Even with pain searing through me, I carried on shooting my arrows. I felt pleased, being queen and all, but also sad, not even getting chance to rule mine, and Decorus' kingdom, not even for one proper second. My heart was pounding in my head. I felt as though I was about to pass out, but I braved through and carried on.

I realised I was still wearing the most important dress of my life, but I didn't care. My feet already had blisters from the high heeled shoes I was wearing. But I still shot, like my life depended on it. Well, it did. Through all these thought's, there was one person that I knew I had to find. The leader of the Ignis.

I ran, breaking through the war of my side and the other, scanning unrecognisable faces to find him. I eventually found myself outside, the abadoned outside. I heard shouting in the distance, it was a voice I knew. Decorus.

I sprinted only for a few minutes, to find my self face to face with burning red skin, features big and round. I felt it's breath on my face, as warm as fire. I had a feeling I knew who this was.

"Leave her alone."

A voice through gritted teeth said behind me.

The man infront of me mocked, "Oh, leave her alone? Haha, she's the queen, what is she going to do. Hurt me? Yeah right."

"Get away fom her now."

His pupils grew wide, and stepped back, but in a confident manner.

"Oh, I will. I'm not going to fight a girl, am I."

I turned, to see Decorus, like I'd never seen him before.

His face was pale, unbeleivably pale with anger, his fist's clenched, his eyes like slits in his face.

"Decorus!" I cried.

Tears were streaming down my face now. I hated seeing him like this. I ran to him hugging his passionately. He held me, then pushed away.

"Go, run." he said.

"But, but I can't leave you!"

"Please, for me."

The strength of love in his eyes was unbearable. I went.