Chapter 1

"Virgin Sacrifice"

"Ms. Claire! Look at my tiger. I made it for you!" The 4-year-old boy said to the over excited teacher. She had been just been informed a promotion since she was a hard working teen and hadn't quit yet. This girl was not your average teacher. Not at all. Diana Claire was a beautiful 16 years old with long sleek hair and hazel eyes that bring out her tan skin. Diana had worked as a baker and teacher since the 8 other regions had different laws which were at the age of 3 if you born in region 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11th region you would have to start school at the age of 3 and had graduate at the age of 15 since the law had stated that every kid that is the age of three has to go to start school. When the child has reached 16 they have a variety of job choices to support their family.

Region 1, 2 and three were the most richest and cockiness regions. The king. Aaron Vladimir was a sick twisted full that only cared about himself. Diana despised the man for all that he did to the 11th region which was the most poorest and driest region. Barley water or clean and good shops for them to eat or do anything. The king could have careless about them he was selfish and a foolish Vampire King.

Then there was one thing that had always sent Diana on the edge. The Virgin Sacrifice. Every 2 years a virgin girl is sacrificed to the vampire king who could do anything he wanted with her. Sadly, Diana was still one and today was the day that had come where she would travel to the 1st region to be either chosen or left alone. You had to be the age of 16 to participate and it was her time to shine.

"Oh, the heavens Timothy! It looks amazing thank you so much!" She declared grabbing the picture folding it hamburger style putting it in her bag which was illegal. You could not take anything from school terms but Diana could careless. The kids had loved her too much to say anything to her parents.

"Thank you, Ms. Claire. Mommy!" The little brown haired boy said running to his overworked mother she had given Diana a tired smile and wave signing him out. Timothy looked at him mother then Diana. He ran his teacher giving her his lucky charm bracelet. Diana stood stunned nodding her head no. "No Timothy this is too special and I can't accept it." She exclaimed giving him a sad smile while his mother shook her head no. "Diana take it please as a token of our appreciation!" Timothy's mother said now feeling a sudden pity for the 16-year-old virgin. The whole region knew she was a token but others were too.

"Awe thank you, Timothy and Emma," Diana said slipping the wooden bracelet on which had one train track charm on it which had dazed Diana. They both nodded giving her a hug knowing this might be the last time seeing her. After they had left Diana cleaned up the room since he had been the last child to exit the school. She thought about the ceremony and how beautiful and unique her dress was. Most girls from her point of view had always worn white skimpy dresses but no Diana wanted to wear something completely different.

Diana clocked out heading outside to see the sun still up meaning she had a certain time to get ready for the guards to pick her up. She walked home while people smiled greeting her since she was the most beautiful girl in the region. Everyone loved her she was the light of someone's bad day. Diana knew this but was humble to the idea. She didn't take advantage. She had treated everyone as if they were equals which in this Kingdom some people weren't.

She had finally arrived at her rugged old house that was so close to breaking down but she knew her and her father could get thru it and fix a couple of places. Her parents were also a modest and humble couple. Myana and Jason were the happiest couples throughout the land. They had almost never got into fights unless it was something serious but almost never had happened. She got her silver key sliding it into the keyhole to see her mother and father both smooching on the couch making her roll her eyes. "By the Gods mother and father please you have a room." She laughed while they both jumped.