A Promise

707 and Legacy left the room, heading out into the halls where the others couldn't interfere. If their heartbeats were any louder then the other person would have definitely heard it. Legacy sighed, feeling anxious. They sat down on the floor a few feet away from the main room.

Seven took a deep breath. He hasn't been this nervous in a while. But he needed to gather up the courage to talk to her again, to let her know the truth.

"Legacy..." He began. Legacy looked at him from the corner of her eye and hummed a response to let him know she was listening. Seven could feel his hands sweating. "...I'm...I'm sorry about what I said before..."

There was no response from the brunette and he glanced over to make sure she was still there. He watched how her expression changed and was full of mixed emotions.

Should she smile?

Cry?

Scowl?

Legacy balled her hands into fists, her eyes trailed back to the floor. Seven felt his heart sink.

"Sorry...isn't going to be good enough... anymore..." She whispered sorrowfully.

There was a strange heaviness in Seven's heart as he watched the tears spilling out of her eyes. It was obvious that she was trying not to cry by the amount of sniffles she was holding back, but to Seven-- No, to Saeyoung, everything he thought he did that was suppose to protect her...was actually breaking her until the point where he made her cry.

Legacy sat there beside him. Helpless. Vulnerable. Confused. This was all because of him.

"Legacy..." He reached out a hand to touch her, but stopped before he could. "I'm so sorry."

Her sobbing was the only sound echoing in the silent corridors. Saeyoung felt guilty that he caused her this much pain. He loves her, he knew that. He wanted to protect her, to make her smile. But he had to choose one or the other, and he ended up making her feel miserable instead.

Legacy had her eyes squeezed shut as she tried to force her tears to stop flowing out. She gasped and opened them in surprise when she felt a pair of arms envelope her into an embrace. A faint sweet and salty scent of Honey Buddha chips wafted through her nose.

"S-Seven..?" She looked up to see the redhead himself blushing while he tightened the hug. "Seven, w-what are you-?"

"Don't call me that."

His voice was deep and stern, it startled her. She lowered her head and timidly apologized for calling out, but he shook his head and made her look back at him.

"Don't call me Seven. Call me by my real name." He told her.

"Lu..ciel?" Legacy craned her head back to look at him properly and tilted her head in question. He shook his head again.

"No, not that." He said. Then, gently kissed her forehead. "Just call me Saeyoung from now on, okay?"

"Saeyoung...?" Legacy repeated the new name. Saeyoung nodded in response to her call and smiled softly.

"Yes..." He replied, hugging her tight. "I'm sorry, Legacy... I thought distancing myself from you would keep you safe. It turns out that I was the one hurting you in the end."

"Saeyoung..." She whispered quietly as she touched her forehead. "You...kissed me."

Saeyoung blinked at her, raising an eyebrow, before smirking at her dazed-like state. "I can give you a proper one if you want. Anything you want, I'll give it to you."

Embarrassed from his words, she quickly looked away to the side. "A-Anything I want..?" She asked to confirm and Saeyoung chuckled, nodding his head in approval. "Then...give me a proper one...Here."

Legacy turned her head to face him again and gently tapped her lips. Her cheeks were flushed bright pink. Saeyoung couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or something else, but he was starting to blush just by looking at her.

He pressed his forehead against hers and smiled fondly at the young woman that nestled in his arms. "I love you..." He whispered lovingly. "And I will stay by your side to protect you this time..."

Hearing his heartfelt words made her heart swell with love. Legacy finally gave him a smile.

"And I love you, Saeyoung..." She whispered back, closing her eyes.

Saeyoung smiled when she said this...and connected his lips with hers in a sweet kiss.