𝟎𝟕. 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I think." Camila pulled the bloody tissue from her nose. Kai raised his hand up to her lips and she watched him carefully. He used his thumb to wipe some blood away before wiping into onto a tissue she was still holding. Camila thanked God that Kai wasn't a vampire and couldn't hear her heart practically pounding out of her chest.

"I think whoever's doing this is really keen to ruin every moment we have."

"We were having a moment?"

"Did you want us to be having a moment?" Kai raises his eyebrows, rising from his crouch and throwing the bloody tissues away. Camila just rolls her eyes and leans back in her chair, no longer with an appetite so she pushes her plate away.

"Nice work, Carrie, all this food has to go to waste along with my appetite." Now it was Camila's turn to kick Kai under the table. He smiled, as did Camila before her face fell. "What's up?" Kai asked, recognising her expression.

"Who is doing this? Someone's hurting Bonnie, that's the only reason this could be happening. This time mildly, but what if they kill her?"

"I'm not gonna let that happen." Camila's eyes dart up from the table to Kai. He hesitates. "Remember, you're my ticket out of here."

"It's not the witch attacker that's killing our moments." Camila fires back, sipping on her water. "Ouch." Kai returns with a tight-lipped smile. "Still, I'm not gonna let anyone kill you."

-

Bonnie wiped her bloody hands on her jeans. She was trying to gather as much blood as she could from her nose bleed but it seemed to increase every time she had one. Probably because Joshua Parker was hitting her harder each time.

"Messy." Bonnie's eyes glanced up to see the man himself had arrived just as she was thinking of him. "Look, Joshua, it's not working. You're just hurting me for no reason but if you let me out I'll get Camila and only Camila out."

Joshua set down his groceries on the table beside him. "Do you know where you are, Miss Bennett?" He took her silence as a no. "You're in my children's playhouse. They used to fill this room with toys. I guess that's what you get when you have so many of them." His laugh and the pleasantness in his voice made Bonnie uncomfortable so she did her best to shuffle away from him.

"Where you are right now is where Malachai used to keep his toys. Do you wanna guess what he played with?"

"A Fisher Price serial killer set." Joshua simply laughed patting the witch's shoulder. "You're a funny one. As a matter of fact, he didn't have any of his own toys. He played whatever his siblings wanted to. He was a very good brother."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because no-one else knows. I had to erase all of the memories of my own son from everyone's memories. Everyone except Jo." Bonnie almost rolled her eyes, that didn't answer anyone's question. "I don't know what it would do to my remaining family if Kai returned. So, please, Miss Bennett, understand that this is for the greater good."

Joshua pulled a syringe from his pocket and Bonnie winced knowing that it was an anti-magic drug. She tried to resist but with her hands and feet tied up, it was harder than expected. She felt herself fall unconscious and any magic she was close to recovering grew dull in her body.

-

"This place is cute." Stefan remarked drily upon seeing the exterior of the Parker house. "Home to many a psycho." Damon retorted as they climbed the steps, knocked on the front door and waited on the porch. After only a couple of seconds, Damon knocked again with a greater amount of force.