Chapter 31

Lauren honked the car horn for the second time before a rushed Normani made her way out of her house. "Oh my god woman, will you calm down?" Normani said as she made her way into Lauren's freshly repaired Jeep. "You're lucky I love you Kordei." Lauren grumbled, as she stepped on the gas, trying to somehow still get to school early, in hopes of being able to quickly see Camila. After their date last week the pair have barely even had the time to see each other. "I'm glad you do." Normani said with a small laugh. "Yeah yeah." Lauren said, turning up the radio. "So, guess what's coming around!!" Normani chirped after a few minutes."What?" Lauren asked. "Prom! What are we going to wear? Oh my god, who will we go with?" Normani asked and Lauren shrugged. "I might not go." Lauren said simply. "There is no way you're skipping out on prom Jauregui." Normani said seriously as Lauren parked in her usual spot. Lauren unbuckled her seatbelt before leaning in with a serious face. "Watch me." She said before making her way out of her car. "Lauren, why would you miss prom?" Normani asked. "Who would I go with if I can't go with my girlfriend?" Lauren asked rhetorically. "Maybe you can go with her." Normani said. "How? Teachers are going to be there and they'll recognize her." Lauren deadpanned. "Lo, you really are an idiot sometimes. It's like a mascarade ball theme or something...everyone is going to be wearing masks. I doubt anyone would recognize her." Normani said with such certainty that it gave Lauren some hope. "I don't know mani. What if Camila doesn't even want to go to prom with me?" Lauren said, revealing the insecurity behind her reason to not go to prom. "We won't know until you ask." Normani said, before patting Lauren's shoulder as they went their separate ways.

Normani, went to Ally and Dinah, and Lauren sneaked her way to building 5 where Camila was. Lauren made her way up the stairs towards Mrs.Porter's class. As she pulled the blue marble door open, Lauren watched her girlfriend peacefully reading at her desk. Camila looked up and instantly smiled at Lauren. Lauren extended her hand, which Camila gladly took, standing up to be face to face with the green eyed beauty. "I missed you." Lauren said, running her hand through Camila's hair. "It's only been 5 days babe." Camila said with a small laugh. "5 days too many.." Lauren said, pulling Camila into her, placing a soft kiss on Camila's forehead. "So...are we ever going to address what happened last week?" Lauren said and Camila instantly smirked. "Hm...depends." Camila said and Lauren furrowed her brows. "On what?" Lauren asked as Camila came closer, stopping when she was able to face her properly. Camila reached towards the uneven strings on Lauren's 'Love New York' Hoodie. She evened them before looking up to meet Lauren's eyes. "If it's going to repeat itself." Camila said, sending Lauren a wide smile and a suggestive wink. "Well...I was kinda just hoping you could come over today." Lauren started, following behind Camila and making a stop in front of her desk as the older cuban sat down behind it. "I want to spend some time with you." Lauren said, sporting a small pout for effect. "You...need to stop being adorable and using that gorgeous face against me." Camila said, shaking her head, a wide grin making it's way onto her face. That smile gave Lauren a certain feeling in her stomach and it made her heart flutter and pretty soon she was grinning along with Camila.

Lauren took a long moment to look at Camila while she was preparing all the work Mrs.Porter left her to give to the students. Camila felt Lauren's eyes as the green eyed girl just watched her work. "You know staring is rude right Ms.Jauregui?" Camila joked, her eyes never moving from the papers on the desk. "I wouldn't call it staring...I call it admiring." Lauren said with a playful shrug. Lauren looked down at her watch with a sigh. "I don't want to go to first period." She said and Camila looked up. "I really don't want you to go to first period either. But you have to. Because if you stay here, I don't think the students would appreciate us making out right in front of them." Camila said with a small laugh. "We could give them a show." Lauren said with a smirk. "Ha. Ha. Very funny. Go to class Lauren." Camil said. "Hm, I don't want to." Lauren said, finding the closest chair and sitting straight across from Camila.