Chapter 3

To say Lauren was a little too excited to get to fourth period today was an understatement. All she could think about for the past 12 hours was Ms.Cabello. Her beautiful eyes, charming smile, sexy body, and calming personality. It seemed to her that they would have a lot in common so she wished she had more time to actually get to know her without having to share her attention with 30 other students. Lauren had half a mind to slap herself into reality, since Ms.Cabello was her fucking substitute. She would never even look at an average girl like Lauren, or even think about her as soon as she stepped foot outside the school, especially since Ms.Cabello resembled that of a goddess to Lauren. Nonetheless Lauren found herself in a much more revealing and attractive outfit. She knew it was pointless to try and impress her substitute, but right now she didn't care, she just nodded approvingly at her outfit for the day before running downstairs, grabbing an apple and her lunch from the fridge before making her way outside to her maroon Jeep Wrangler and heading out to pick up Normani.

"You know it would be so much easier for all of us if you got your license already mani." Lauren murmured while pushing the school doors open. "You see i would, but i'm too lazy, and i have you so..why do i need it?" Mani replied laughing softly. "You know i could always leave you right?" Lauren jokingly said. "Nah, you love me too much." Normani quickly retorted. "Eh, i have Ally." Lauren shrugged indifferently causing Normani to gasp at her, saying that was "hella rude" While Lauren was grateful the bell saved her from her troubled friend.

For the past two and a half periods the only thing on Lauren's mind was how Ms.C was going to be dressed and if she would potentially talk to her again. As her history teacher wrapped up his lesson Lauren wondered what the substitutes actual name was, not that Cabello was a fake name but what her first name is, Lauren knew that no matter what it is it would be the cutest name to her. The bell rang, putting a complete halt to Lauren's Ms.Cabello thoughts, which prompted her to internally asked herself how much fucking time did she actually waste thinking about her? Eh who knows and who cares.

 Lauren tried to go as quick as humanly possible, usually she would go a little extra slow to not be the first one in the classroom, in fear of looking like a nerd but today she was basically competing to get there first. As she walked through the familiar door, she saw she was indeed the first one when Ms.Cabello looked up and they locked eyes for a few seconds before she sent her a small toothless smile that managed to almost make Lauren pass out.

 Lauren sat for a few minutes before realizing that she was still the only one there. "I got to say Ms.Jauregui, I didn't think you were this interested in photoshop." Lauren heard Ms.Cabello's perfect voice say and registered a small chuckle leaving her lips. "What do you mean?" Lauren asked slightly confused and very nervously as Ms.Cabello approached. She watched Ms.C come closer before crouching down directly in front of Lauren at eye level before whispering "Because you've decided to spend your lunchtime here." With a small laugh at the end and that's when it hit Lauren. Today was block schedule so she had lunch before fourth but she was too preoccupied thinking about Ms.Cabello that she forgot. "Oh my god, i totally forgot. Oh my god mani's gonna kill me." Lauren said while reaching for her phone, and surely enough her phone was bombarded by texts from Normani.

Mani😤❤️: Hey bitch where the fuck are you?

Mani😤❤️: BITCH IM LONELY

Mani😤❤️: Seriously tho, where are you?

Mani😤❤️: STG BITCH YOU BEST BRING YOUR ASS HERE RN

Mani😤❤️: I fucking hate you, come over here and love me!!😒

Lauren laughed quietly at her best friend's despair before typing a quick "i'm coming woman geez." and stealing a glance at Ms.Cabello who was now arranging some papers for the class she would have to address after lunch. Lauren's class. Lauren took a deep breathe before speaking up, "When did you know you wanted to be a teacher?" She blurted out taking Ms.Cabello by surprise. "Pardon?" Ms.Cabello asked as Lauren walked over to her. "How did you know this is what you wanted to do..why teaching?" Lauren asked again. 

"You never really think about these things until you need to...there's the dream you have when you're younger about what you want your life to look like and then there's reality. Reality isn't bad, however, it might not be what you expect or wish for initially. I want to teach because that makes me happy, and I didn't realize that until I was older and reflected on how certain teachers failed me growing up and how I want to change that for kids in the future." Ms.Cabello responded. "Wow, that was beautifully said. Well, what was your dream?" Lauren asked now standing face to face with Ms.Cabello. "To become a successful artist." Ms.Cabello replied easily.

"Success is subjective." Lauren said while staring deep into Ms.Cabello's eyes. "This is true, there is no true definition to success." Ms.Cabello added. "I think you're successful." Lauren whispered and Ms.Cabello laid a hand on her shoulder for a quick second as a form of appreciation. Normani kept blowing up Lauren's phone causing her to break the moment between the two of them. "I should go, Normani is being crazy again." Lauren joked and Ms.Cabello smiled. 

As she's about to walk out she hears her teasingly say, "See you in a few, Lauren." Which caused the green eyed girl to stop and address the gorgeous woman before her. "How do you even know my name?" Lauren dumbly asked. "Well you're on the attendance list aren't you?" Ms.Cabello teased. "Oh. Right." Lauren said mentally slapping herself. "Well, since you know my name so well isn't it fair i get to know yours?" Lauren quipped causing Ms.Cabello to raise one of her eyebrows before smiling and shaking her head knowingly at the cute girl facing her. "That's not how it works. But nice try Lauren." Ms.Cabello said returning her attention to the papers on the desk. "Fine. See you in a bit." Lauren said before making her way out of the computer lab and towards a fuming and impatient Normani.