Chapter 5

Lauren got to 6th period with her paper that Ms.Cabello gave her in hand. Lauren had shrugged it off as probably her homework for this class or an old drawing that fell out of her bag but when she unrolled the paper she found the complete opposite and it made her freeze. She had to make sure her eyes weren't playing a trick on her but in handwriting she didn't recognize was written the following:

Maybe I can't say it, but I can write it. My name is Camila.

Lauren was sure she was about to pass out the way her breathing quickened after reading the note, it didn't say much but she got to the point quickly, her name was Camila Cabello. It sounded perfect. Her name was better than what Lauren could have imagined it to be. Lauren smiled all throughout 6th period and 7th, causing Normani to look at her with a 'okay what the fuck is up' face. "Okay, spill it Jauregui." Normani said while crossing her arms. Lauren mentally hit herself for not controlling her stupid face. "What?" Lauren said hopefully convincing Normani that there was nothing to tell. "Don't 'what' me Jauregui. What the hell has you all smiley?" Normani huffed. "Nothing." Lauren responded with no emotion what so ever. "Yea okay, like i'm gonna believe that." Normani said while rolling her eyes, but suddenly her face lit up. "Wait, is it brad?! Is something going on between you two?!" She asked excitedly. "Nothing's going on." Lauren said but this time with clear annoyance in her voice. "Mhm. Don't believe it." Normani said with a smirk.

 "Yea okay. I'm going to use the bathroom." Lauren said quickly escaping her friend and making her way towards Mr.Marshalls class in hopes of finding Ms.Cabello there. Lauren obviously didn't think it through because the way she barged through the door scared Camila enough to almost fall off the chair she was currently sat at. "Oh god, i'm sorry Ms.Cabello." Lauren said while trying to hold back a small laugh. "It's fine. And I'm guessing you didn't look at the paper you dropped. Did you throw it away?" Camila asked in hopes that the green eyed girl did the exact opposite. 

"Oh yeah, it probably was some old homework or something. No biggie." Lauren played along. She wanted to mess with Ms.Cabello a little. "Oh." Ms.Cabello said with a small hint of disappointment laced in her voice. "Well, I wanted to get away from my friend for a bit so i came here in hopes of it being my hideaway, is that okay, Camila?" Lauren finished her sentence with a smirk as realization  sank into Camila's face and soon she too was sporting a small smirk. "You got me. So you read it?" Camila asked. "Yup." Lauren said shifting a little awkwardly at the silence that fell upon them after that.

 "I-It's a pretty name by the way" Lauren stuttered, internally choking herself for it. "What?" Camila asked, she got lost in her thoughts for a moment. "You have a pretty name, Camila." Lauren said again. "Oh, Thank you. Also, take a seat over here and not that I don't enjoy your company but what brought you to this fine classroom at this time?" Camila asked interested. Lauren thought of saying 'you' but decided against it in fear of coming off creepy. "I don't know. My friend was kinda interrogating me about some apparently "hot guy" that asked me out and she's still freaking out about it." Lauren explained briefly feeling uncomfortable because she was talking about her "love life" to a teacher. Not just any teacher though, the beautiful Ms.Cabello which made it even worse. 

"And you're not freaking out about it?" Ms.Cabello asked causing Lauren to shrug. "I don't know, he's a cool guy and all but I don't feel anything when I see or talk to him.. i'm kind of mad at myself for it honestly." Lauren replied. Camila tilted her head at that. "Why are you mad at yourself?" She asked genuinely confused. "Because, i'm not as into him as I should be. I should be thinking he's so hot and I should be excited but I don't know why I'm not." Lauren said internally frustrated with herself. "Why do you think "you should" be interested in him?" Camila asked trying to go deeper into the subject and analyze Lauren. "It's just natural. The normal thing to do." Lauren said glumly.

 "Listen Lauren, it's been my experience to not do what I think I need to in order for others to see me as "normal" or "acceptable" and if you are just not that into him it's better to tell him that straight forward instead of giving off any hope because that's only going to hurt him and yourself in the long run." Camila said meaning every word in hopes of getting through to the younger girl and internally thinking of how ironic her advice was given the fact that she refuses to let this girl get close to her because of what others might think. 

"You're right. Thank you Camila." Lauren said. "You're welcome. And about my name..you can only say it if we're ever alone. Understood?" Camila said sounding serious now. "Okay." Lauren breathed out. "Who is this guy that your friends find "so amazing" anyways?" Camila asked out of curiosity. "Brad Simpson. Baseball player in my grade." Lauren said. Camila thought and instantly recognized the name. "Ah yes, Brad Simpson." She slightly grimaced in disapproval and not just because she found herself being slightly protective over Lauren. "Have you met him in one of the classes you subbed for?" Lauren asked. "Yeah" Camila replied. "Is he a good student?" Lauren asked out of curiosity. "Not at all." Camila slightly laughed causing Lauren to join in.

"Well I don't want to date a knuckle head." Lauren said laughing. "Good choice." Camila replied while focusing on her favorite student's face and she let out a small sigh as the bell rang. "Can I ask you something?" Lauren questioned hesitantly. "You just did." Camila teased and Lauren playfully rolled her eyes, "Am I the onl-" Lauren started asking before students began to enter the classroom and cut their conversation short. "Well, I hope I didn't bother you too much." Lauren said insecurely. "Of course not." Camila said, waving off the comment.

 "Are you going to sub tomorrow too?" Lauren asked hopefully. Camila shook her head softly. "Unfortunately, no. Mr.Marshall will be back tomorrow." Lauren felt a small pain at that statement. "Well, I hope i see you soon then. Bye Ms.Cabello." Lauren said slowly making her way to the door. "You can call me Camila you know?" She whispered smiling since they were in close proximity in Mr.Marshalls office. "Okay, Bye Camila." Lauren said with a smile. "Bye Lauren." Camila breathed out as she watched the green eyed girl exit her classroom before shaking her head at the emotional predicament she found herself in.