Chapter 59: Got You

A sudden ring from my phone made me wake up. I lazily reached for my phone which was on the bedside table. I couldn't reach it so I made an effort and stood up.

"Hello?" I lazily asked.

"Nadine?" A voice of a guy said.

I woke up to my senses and realized it was Adam. I checked the contact and looked at it.

"Adam! Where are you?!" I panicky said.

"I'm here in a hotel." He simply said.

"What?!" Sigaw ko. "Diyan ka lang. I'll be there." I said.

"Where?"

"Near the office." He said coughing.

Nagmadali akong magayos at bumaba. Iniwan ko si James dahil ayokong makaabala pa. I got the car keys and quickly drove to the place where he was.

I saw him at the front of the hotel. Standing alone.

I sighed. "I'm glad your safe." I said.

"You actually came." He sadly said.

"Ayaw mo ba?" Tanong ko.

"I thought you'd never come. He would probably not let you see me and talk to me anymore since I know everything already. I mean, what's the use, right?" He firmly said.

"I'm sorry." I said looking down.

"I thought you'd never come because you wouldn't really care about me." He added.

"I still care for you, Adam." I said.

"Oh really?" He dryly laughed and placed his hands in his pocket. "I'm not convinced, Nadine." He says.

"You wouldn't do that to me if you cared about my feelings. If in the first place, you knew you still had feelings for him and said no to me. I would likely be hurt but not this much, Nadine. If you actually cared." He said.

"You didn't see this coming, Nadine? Right? You gave up on him immediately and said yes to me." He stated. "Akala ko ako na." He laughed in a fake way.

"You got him now and realized you still love him but ended up hurting me." He said lastly.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I honestly still care about you, Adam." I added.

He shrugged. "Did I make you happy? At least a bit?" He immediately asked .

I sighed. "Of course, Adam." I answered.

"At least I did." He said smiling weakly.

"Nadine, you deserve everything. You deserve to have him. It hurts for me to say that but if he'll make you happy, then I'm fine with it. I'm giving you already. You're free. Thank you for also making me happy." He started.

I just stared at him. I began frowning. Tears slowly dropping from my eyes.

"Maybe you're not the one for me." He added.

"Adam, I'm really sorry." I said.

"I understand." He cuts off.

"Maybe it would be nice to stay as friends?" He awkwardly asked.

I nodded happily. I hugged him immediately. He broke the hug and gave me a last kiss in the cheek.

"I'll miss you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for the little time of happiness you gave me."

"Maybe we're really not meant to be together." I said sadly.

He just gave a weak smile.