Chapter 58: Missing

The next day, I didn't have the mood to move. I skipped work to calm myself. At that night, James slept on the guestroom since the part where Adam kicked him hurts so much he was too lazy to move. It was breakfast time and we were in the table eating. Except for Ara who doesn't know a single thing. Enzo told Kelly the whole story last night while I was taking care of James.

"I'm really sorry for bringing Adam here, Nadine." Enzo said blaming himself.

"It was my fault, Enzo. I shouldn't have brought James here when I know myself Adam could go here anytime." I uttered; admitting that the fault should be blamed to me.

"I'm still sorry." He said. I just nodded at him.

"What will you do next?" Kelly asked in a worried tone.

I shrugged. I have no idea what would be my next move will be.

"I want to tell Adam everything." I said looking down at my meal.

James dropped his utensils and stopped eating.

"And if he'd hurt you?" He said directly looking at me.

I continued eating my meal. "He won't do that." I said looking down.

"He would and He could." James said irritatingly.

"James." I said in a warning tone.

"It's easy to assume, Nadz. You did something that can't be easily forgiven." Kelly honestly said.

"If I were you, I would give him space for a while." Ara suggested.

I was torn between giving him the space he need or chase him and explain honestly and also apologize.

"Okay." I said sighing.

"For the meantime, focus with work. Also, expect Tita to be mad." Enzo said truthfully that made me feel a lot more terrible.

"Haist! You're not helping." I said frowning.

"It's the truth! The truth always hurts!" Enzo said laughing.

The whole day I stayed at home and thought about the things I have done.

"You can't contact him, Nadine!" I said to myself.

I was holding my phone and thinking if I should go against about what they said and just call him anyway.

"Nadine?" Kelly suddenly called.

"We bought ice cream! Gusto mo?" She asked. I dropped my phone at my desk and followed her.

"Choco Chip Cookie Dough's your favorite?" James asked. We were casually eating by the sofa while they were watching a tv series.

"Hmm, yup." I simply answered.

"You okay, love?" He asked sweetly.

No! All the guilt that I have not felt in my life was thrown to me right now...

"I just want to contact Adam, you know! I want to explain if it is useless." I whispered.

"You said it yourself. It's useless." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"He deserves to know." I said.

"Fine. We'll call him later." I said.

"Finally." I said sighing.

Hours later, we waited for all of them to be asleep. I was scared to contact Adam so James did it. He handed me the phone when it rang.

"Hello?" I started.

There was a long silence and then someone answered. It was definitely not Adam.

"Nadine? Hello?" Tita said.

"Si Adam po?" I asked nicely.

"He's missing, Nadine! I was gonna contact you but I know you're busy... We can't find him until now. He left all of his things here and left with only his car going somewhere!" Tita hysterically said.

"Tita, calm down." I said. "I'll look for him and bring him back safely." I promised.

"Hija, please be careful too." Tita said sobbing. "Please talk to him." Tita lastly said.

She dropped the call and I looked at James. He has this panic kind of look.

"Should we go now?" He asked.

We were both in our pjs but we still continued searching for him. We first went to the office but he wasn't there. The guard also didn't see if Adam passed by.

"No, Sir. He didn't pass by. We last saw him yesterday." The guard answered. We thanked him and went off to the next.

I told him to stop by the on going construction of the bar and there was no one.

"Where could he be?!" I said frustratingly.

"We'll find him. Just calm down, Nadine." He said.

I should understand Adam. He wants to be away for a while. He's just probably having a breather.

After a few hours, we still couldn't find him. We gave up and stopped by a fastfood chain to have drinks. I contacted Tita to update her that I can no longer find him for tonight. We were inside the vehicle while I started contacting Tita.

"Tita?" I said over the line.

"Nadine, hija? Ano na ang nangyari?" She asked immediately.

"Tita, we almost searched every bar. We went to the office and he wasn't there. Wala na kaming mapuntahan." I said.

She sighed. "Alright, hija. You must be tired." She said.

"Thank you, Tita. I'm very sorry." I said.

"It's fine. I just want to see my son." She sadly said and afterwards, she said goodbye.

I sobbed. "Ang laki ng kasalanan ko sa kanila. I'm so selfish!" I said.

"Hey, you're not selfish." He said holding my face, caressing away my tears.

"I am. I have to accept it." I said.

"Love, don't say that." He warned. "You've been nothing but a lovely person." He reminded.

I continued sobbing. "But I always do the biggest mistakes. Unforgivable."

"Love. Please, stop." He warned.

He pressed a delicate kiss on my lips and he looked at me directly.

"Even if you do the biggest mistakes, I'll always forgive you." He says.

"I will still love you." He added.

I smiled and breathed heavily. "Let's go home and take a rest." I said.

"Maybe he'd call tomorrow and confront us." He stated.

"You think?" I asked.

He nodded in agreement. "Yes." He replied.

"He would talk to me but he won't forgive me." I said.

"It'll take time, love." He said.

I smiled weakly as I look at him.

It was a long night.

END —
I've been watching some bts vids so i didn't have the time to write 😂