Chapter 51: Controlled

"We're fucking leaving, Reid. Let some other people handle your project! She'll work for me now, from now on." Adam said authoritatively.

"Can't. She signed a contract." He said shrugging.

"Breach it!" Adam yelled at him with anger.

"Nope. Deal with it, Adam. She's working with me. She's working. Under. Me." He said seriously and dropped the pen on his table, beside the papers.

"Fucking bullshit! I can't believe you!" Adam said madly.

"Adam, let's just leave. It's useless!" I said forcing him to go out the office with me.

"We're not yet done, Reid." He said firmly. We left his office. He was holding my hand really tight that made me want to let go because I was hurting but I let him be. I know he's mad.

"Adam, calm down please." I said.

He still didn't let go of my hand. Kaming dalawa lang ang nasa loob ng elevator. He suddenly pinned me to the wall and I started to have a hard time breathing properly.

"I'm so sorry, love. I'm sorry if I scared you. I was just so mad to the thought of you doing it with him. I was so mad that he kissed you last night and I wasn't there to get rid of him and protect you. I'm so mad at myself too." He explained and caressed the part of my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry." He said again and looked down.

"It's alright, Adam. I know you were just protective. I'm sorry about the things he said. About the auction and that night. I'm really sorry. Wala akong sa tamang pagiisip noong oras na 'iyon. I know you're just being concern. I appreciate it. Really, Adam, I do. Thank you." I said and smiled at him.

He smiled too and suddenly kissed me. Adam was such a kissing monster.

"Let's go home." I whispered and smiled.

"Yes, Please." He breathed and hugged me.

Before heading home, we stopped by a convenience store to buy some food. Adam told me that he's still afraid about James going to my apartment so he might stay in for a night or so.

"Love, you sure you don't want anything anymore?" He asked sweetly.

I bought a lot of ice cream, chocolates, cookies, and candies. He only bought chips! Grabe, mukha tuloy ang takaw ko!

"Okay na yan! Tataba ako pag bumili pa ako ng iba pa." I joked.

He smiled. "You'd still look beautiful, obviously." He says and held my hand.

After that, we went directly to the apartment.
Kumuha ako ng damit kay Enzo para sa kanya.

"Here. You can return it anytime. Hindi naman niya mahahalata." I said.

"Where are they?" He asked.

"Enzo and Ara's probably at the site. Si Kelly ay tinuturo iyong mga chefs doon." I answered.

Nakabihis ako na regular na pambahay. This day was too tiring because of the issues na dapat ay mapagod ako dahil sana ay naging productive kami sa paghahanap ng mga kakailanganin sa Bar ni Adam.

He laid on the couch and I was at the other side of the couch. Eating a pint of ice cream. He was only looking at me with cold eyes.

"Do you still love him?" He asked.

Napatigil ako. I haven't fully said those three words to Adam yet and maybe he feels nothing but being lied to and of course, he's doubting.

"No." I answered simply.

"Honestly?" He asked and I nodded. I diverted our topic about tomorrow. He says that I should go back to my regular schedule while he'll do his best to remove me from the team.

Even if I didn't want to.

I felt so controlled by him. I had no choice. He would doubt me if I force him not to do it and just let it be.

"I'm making sure. I don't want to be anyone's rebound." He said seriously and in a coldly manner.

The word sorry kept repeating my head. But I don't want to say it. I felt like if I just say it, it would be useless. Especially when you keep saying the word but you never feel sorry. It's just like a word being said.

"I'm sorry if you felt that way, Adam." I said looking down.

Bigla kami nakarinig ng tunog sa pinto at tama ang hula ko na nandoon si Kelly, Ara, at Enzo.

"GURL!" Kelly yelled. Tumingin ako sa kanya. Napatahimik ata siya dahil katabi ko si Adam.

"Oops." She said and covered her mouth.

"Uhm, Tara! May ipapakita ako. Enzo, entertain mo muna si Adam." She says and dragged me to the kitchen.

"Nadine naman! Ano nangyari?" Kelly suddenly asked.

What? I don't understand...

"Galit na galit daw si James kanina sa site. He yelled the people who failed to do some things-" Kwento niya.

"We had a fight. I mean the three of us. Magpapaalam sana kasi ako sa kanya na hindi ako papasok ngayon dahil maghahanap kami ni Adam ng gamit para sa Bar. But, Tita Marie and Zoe was there. Kinausap niya ako. Zoe's been saying lies about me to Tita Marie. Akala tuloy ni Tita na malandi ako dahil sa mga kwento ni Zoe." I explained.

"Hayup na Zoe! How dare she? Siya nga diyan ang malandi!" Kelly says angrily.

"So we just left the office and went looking for some things needed for Adam's bar pero sinabi naman sa akin ni James na makipagkita kaya nakipag kita kami. Hindi kami nagkaroon ng matinong paguusap kaya nagsuntukan sila ni Adam." Kwento ko.

"He's really furious. Dumaan kami sa office niya bago umuwi tas nagkwento sa amin na secretary. He's furious about you because you'll leave." Kelly said.

"I'm not planning to. Adam wants me to stop working under him because he thinks it's not good. Lalo na nalaman niya ang tungkol sa Auction at sa nangyari kagabi."

"Ano ang nangyari kagabi?" Kelly curiously asks.

"James went here. He was so drunk and really out of his mind. He kissed me and said some things." I answered.

"What the hell!" She commented.

"Do you want to leave?" She asks.

"No." I whispered and looked down.

"But I have no other choice but to follow Adam. He might get mad at me." I said.

But I knew I was controlled already. I have no choice but to agree with Adam. He says it's for my own good because he hates James and what he has done. Adam was in control of me. If I say no to his decision, I know he'll get hurt because he would think that I've chosen James. But the truth is, I'm choosing my career.
I was only working for his company and not working for me to get near him. I'm not even planning to have revenge on him. I'm not even planning on getting back with him.

END —
Suckish update again. 😭