Chapter 44: Impress

The next day, the both of us prepared to go to Kath's house since we'll be hanging out before the project totally starts.

"Are you ready?" He asked. He was wearing a polo and slacks. Still looks professional although we were just meeting with Kath. Nakakahiya tuloy tumabi sa kanya dahil sobrang casual lang ng suot ko.

I only nodded for an answer. Next week ay lilipat na kami doon sa apartment na dati kong tinitirhan. I already packed my things but I'm halfway in finishing it yet.

"We're here." He says and unfastens his seatbelt.

We were parked outside Dj and Kath's White themed apartment. I looked at it and find it cute. The neighborhood was really quiet and clean. The apartment of theirs looks bigger than ours before. We silently waited for Kath to answer after several doorbells, and she finally did.

"Nadine!-" She says excitingly and suddenly her excitement faded and became curious.

Kath sighed. "Since you're here, we'll tell you as well. Halika na." She said dragging me inside.

"Parang napaka importante naman yan." I uttered.

"It is! I'm really excited." Kath responded and escorted us to the living room.

We sat down in a comfortable living room of theirs and Kath sat across us. James was comfortably sitting down with his arm placed around me.

"So here it is..." She started. "Babe!" She yelled for Dj's attention.

Dj came out from the kitchen holding a tray where there were 2 glasses of water and 2 slices of cake. He served it in the small coffee table in front of us. After, Dj suddenly sat down beside Kath and happily looks at her and placed an arm around her.

She exhaled and spoke. "We're getting married!" She says in excitement and smiling widely.

"Oh my god! Congrats!" I said happily. I was genuinely happy for them since I've also witnessed their love story and how long they were together. I sometimes praise them for surviving it even if there were several difficulties in the relationship. True love!

Kath's tip? Just be understanding to the person you love and he'll understand you. She says a long time ago whenever I ask how she survives the arguments with Dj.

"So you're my Maid of Honor. Fitting will be next week! It's in the afternoon so you have nothing to worry about your project. I'm not sure if I'll be free that time but I'll try." She tells me.

"Thank you, Kath." I replied.

"Ikaw ang Bestman." Masayang sabi ni Dj.

"Of course! May iba pa ba?" Mayabang na sabi ni James at natawa lang kami ni Kath.

Yabang talaga.

"Yabang!" Saad ni Dj.

"Uhm sabay ang fitting niyo because the gown has to match the guy's suit. Is it okay with you guys?" Kath asked. I was about to say that I'm against it but James suddenly spoke.

"Of course it is. We're might working on the project that day. It's not a problem, Kath." He says.

Ako! May problema ako! Ayoko kasama kita!

"Okay, uhm, Dj, could you take James with you in another room? Marami kasi akong kwento kay Nadine." Sambit ni Kath.

Both guys stood up and went to the other room.