Chapter 43: Happy

I went back to the hotel with swollen eyes and reddy nose. I couldn't stop crying for no other reason and I feel so stupid crying about him. I texted Ara if she has eaten dinner already but I received no reply from her. I parked the car nearest to the elevator since I'm returning it to Kath tomorrow and probably hang out with her. Busy lang talaga siya sa mga bagay.
I went inside the elevator calling Ara but she wasn't answering my phone calls. Hindi ko alam kung matatakot ako kung nawala ba siya o ano. When I immediately arrived on our floor hinahanap ko kaagad ang kwarto namin. I was looking for the keycard when I couldn't find it, I searched it inside my bag.

"Damn it! Where's the freaking key card!?" I whispered to myself frustratingly.

I got my wallet and searched through the cards and I found it. I fixed my things and I opened the door.

"Ara! Why weren't you-" I said but I dropped my things because of surprise. James is here!

"Where have you been?!" He irritatingly said.

"I searched for materials for the rooms and I went to the cafe after." I answered looking down.

"Really? Then why won't you answer my calls!?" He madly said.

"Because I was driving on my way here! Why are you even here? Bakit wala dito si Ara? Where is she!?" I exaggeratingly said.

"She's with Kelly and Enzo." He calmly said.

He brushed his hair with his fingers. He sat down at the edge of the bed and slowly closed his eyes. I laid down my things on a rectangular shaped coffee table that was placed just at the other side of the room.

"Are you avoiding me?" He suddenly blurted.

I admitted. I nodded to him and looked down again. I sighed and when he was coming near me. I looked away.

"Why?" He asked and held my cheeks to give himself a closer look of me.

"Is it because what happened between us the other night?" He asked again

"That and because we can't see each other when it is not because of business matters." I answered.

"What?" He confusingly said.

"You're going to have a fiancee soon and I just don't see myself as a third party so we have to stop, James." I muttered.

"Who even said that I'm getting engaged? If I'm getting engaged with someone, that's only you, baby." He said and flashed a smile.

"I'm not joking! You shouldn't be here!" I shouted.

"Who says?" He asked.

"Your freaking fiancee, Zoe! Ang hirap mo makaintindi!" I yelled.

"Zoe? What? No!" He said in a shocking way.

"Yes! Of course the Alvarado Holdings are planning to merge their company with yours-"

"I'm not doing that. Pure business, love. Ikaw ang papakasalan ko." He said seriously.

"And how did you know? Did she talk to you? Ano sabi niya sa'yo? Did she argue with you?" He continuously asked questions.

"Nagaway kami. Gumawa kasi ng scandal doon sa Cafe-"

"She fought you? What happened? Did you guys get violent or what? Tell me!" He said in a concerning way.

"Verbal lang. But she threw words that were really foul kaya binatuhan ko rin siya. She walked out." I said.

He suddenly pulled me and it made me land on his chest. He hugged me so tight that I couldn't almost breathe.

"No one can say you mean things. No one can hurt you." He said and kissed my head.

I felt so comfortable. I felt so secured on our moment.

"I'll talk to her-" He says but I interrupted.

"Hindi na kailangan, James. It'll make me look weak. Baka masabi niya na nagsumbong ako sa'yo." I said.

"Please don't believe her." He whispered and started kissing my cheeks.

I only nodded for an answer. I was feeling uncomfortable beside him already.

"Love, go change. I'll be staying here tonight." He says and I got away from his arms.

I changed in to my PJs and did my night routine.

"How about your clothes?" I asked him.

"I brought an extra." He answered and tapped the side of the bed. "Come here."

"Uh, do you want chips? May dinala kasi ako-"
I said avoiding what he was saying but he still interrupted me.

"Love, please come here beside me." He says and smiled.

I laid down beside him and I placed a distance between us but he was so strong to pull me beside him.

"James-"

"Shhh, let's cuddle." He sweetly said and smiled at me.

"But-"

"No, don't say anything. Let's just cuddle." He said and I did what he said.

We were just cuddling while we were watching.

"What did Zoe tell you?" He asked sighing.

"Wala naman! Uhm, so what do you think of marrying Zoe?" I asked.

"Hindi ko siya gusto. I'm just thankful for her father because he pulled some strings for the things I need for the company." Kwento niya.

"Oh, uhm, close ba kayo ni Zoe?" I asked casually.

"Uh kinda. I know she likes me." He said and laughed.

"Bakit ka natatawa?" Tanong ko sa kanya. We were cuddling tightly, his hands were already on my belly. Nakapatong ang kamay ko sa taas  ng kanya.

"I see her as another Lauren. I just see her as my sister." Sagot niya at ngumiti.

"Talaga? Kamusta na nga pala si Lauren?" I asked.

"She's fine but sorta hates me for leaving you. She misses you." Saad niya.

"I would love to visit her but I plan on visiting Kath and Dj tomorrow." I said.

"Busy pa ako sa project bukas, I haven't done so much yet-"

"Love, take a day off with me tomorrow?" He asked sweetly.

"Huh? Talaga? Pwede ako pumunta kila Kath at Lauren bukas?" I asked excitingly.

"Yup but I have to come with you."He said in a firm tone.

"Pero-"

"Shhhh, let's sleep already." He says

On that night, we cuddled, we slept in one bed,  and once again my heart was happy. Happily beating again for him.

END —
Matagal pa ending heheheh. Hope you enjoy this short update! ❤️ 181 in Fanfiction! 😭❤️ thank you everyone!