Chapter 39: Goddess

I was busy playing some app while we were halfway to New York. My mood's fine since I got to sleep when we switched places. Nagising nalang ako na natutulog si James at si Stan, iyong bata ay natutulog sa lap ni James. Mahimbing na mahimbing ang tulog. If I didn't know these two, they would really look like a father and son... Hay, 'iyong mga pangarap ko na magkakapamilya kami at magkakaroon ng 5-6 na bata. Ugh, dati nga 'iyon! Past! Past na 'iyon!

"Pssssst." Papansin niyang sabi sa akin.

"Shhh! I'm focusing on a game." I surly said and focused.

"Amour, please give me attention." He huskily said.

"Ugh, ano ba yun?" I said and paused the game I was playing, I looked at him.

"Nothing really, mi amour." He said laughing.

I just went back to the game. He brought out a box of oreos and offered the little boy.

"Thank you, Frère!" The little boy said and smiled.

They look so cute to be honest! I want to take a picture of them so I silently did.

"You want some?" He also offered.

I nodded and got one cookie. I bit it and continued playing.

"Mi amour?" He said while holding my chin.

"Huh?" I curiously said, my eyes were widened because of what he was doing.

He wiped my lips with his thumb and smiled. He used to do that whenever I have some dirt in my face. He smiled after.

"Still the same." He uttered.

"I-uh, I-I'm sorry." I said stuttering.

Kaysa maglaro ay nakinig nalang ako sa music. I was really into Ed Sheeran's new song Shape of You. Paulit ulit ko 'iyon pinapakinggan hanggang sa nakarating na kami sa New York.
Hindi ko na siya pinapansin at lagi ko nalang siya sinusungitan. While waiting for his driver to arrive, I called Adam and he quickly answered.

"We're in New York already!" I said happily.

"That' nice! I hope I'm there with you..." He sadly said.

"I hope you have time to follow us here. Ang ganda pa naman dito." I said smiling.

"I wish I have the time, love." He said again sadly.

"I miss you..." He suddenly said.

"I miss you too. The trip would be better if you're here." I uttered.

That was the truth. James wouldn't bother me! Hay, I also miss Adam. He always lightens my mood.

"Nadine!" He irritatingly called me.

"I have to go now, Adam! They're calling me. I miss you!" I said happily and I was smiling so wide while going back to them. I was only a little bit far from them so I could talk to Adam privately.

"Why are you so smiling so widely?" Masungit niyang tanong.

"Wala... I'm just glad that I'm back here." I said fixing my clothes.

Ara, Enzo, Kelly went inside the van and I went in also. The only vacant seat left was beside me and of course, James would sit there.

"Ara, pwede ba dito ka?" I whispered since James is just outside and his driver was placing our bags.

"Hindi na. Diyan nalang siya." She grinned and laughed.

He was still talking to someone over the phone when he went inside.