Chapter 52: Future

The next day, I still went to work. I had my day planned but I feel like I was not gonna accomplish anything because Adam would come with me.

"Love?" I heard him greeted.

He was sitting at the side of my bed. Caressing my cheeks and brushing my hair.
He smiled weakly.

"Goodmorning." I greeted in a broken voice.

"You're still working today love but don't stress yourself, okay?" He reminded.

"Yes po." I smiled. "I'll prepare for today because I know it's gonna be tough." I said.

"You should still eat. Never skip meals." He reminded.

"Yup." I said and stretched.

"Okay then. I'll prepare breakfast. Tulog pa sila Kelly." Sabi niya at umalis.

I rubbed my face and sighed. "I don't want to move!" I whispered to myself.

But then I stood up and forced myself to have a hot shower. I stayed inside the comfort room for a lot of time. But when my eyes reached the small clock by the counter of my sink. I quickly did everything. Dried my hair, put some little amount of make up, dressed up.
The next thing I did was to prepare my things.

Rough day.

Bumaba na ako sa hagdan at naamoy ko na ang pagkain na inihanda ni Adam.

"Bacon and Eggs Benedict!" I happily said.

I sat on the chair and he prepared me a tray. The breakfast and a glass of juice.

"Kain tayo." Aya ko.

"Kumain na ako. Go enjoy your food. I'll send you to work after." He says and stood up going to the living room.

There's something about him that's off.

He's very cold. The way he speaks has no mood or what.

"Okay ka lang?" I asked while munching the muffin.

Lumingon siya sa gawi ko at tipid na ngumiti. "I'm okay." He only said and left.

After I ate, we immediately went to work.
Ayaw ko ng scandal. May problema na nga kami ni James tapos magiging late pa ako. Double Trouble for me!

"Uh, don't stress yourself today." He reminded. "I'll fetch you." He continued.

"Thanks, Adam. Ingat ka. Text me too!" I said and smiled.

I went inside the building and quickly went inside the elevator to go up to our floor.
I was welcomed by James' secretary.

"Miss Nadine! Finally! Sir's been looking for you! Go to the office immediately!" Sabi niya.

"What? Why is he looking for me?" I said panicky.

"Di ko din po alam eh." Saad niya kaya dumiretso ako agad doon.

I knocked on the door and because it was a glass door he gestured me to come in.

"Uhm, your secretary said that you're looking for me." I said and went nearer to his office table.

"I am." He said and stood up. He fixed his suit and held his hands at his back.

"I'm already fixing your papers. I've properly thought about breaching the contract and so I agreed." He started.

No! I don't want that to happen! I still want to work in his company! Not because of him but it's an asset to my career! To my future.

"No!" Angal ko.