Chapter 42: Confrontation

After our argument, I immediately went home. Hinabol niya pa ako sa may elevator pero sumara na pagdating niya. I can't believe he brought that up yesterday on our meeting!

The next day, I plan all day to look where I would get the materials like paint, lightings, bedroom furnitures. I plan to make my research on the budget be finish today and I could rest for the next days. Ara was with me to help so I could hear other opinions other than trusting my own.

"Sir, Can I please get 700 dollars for this?" I pleaded to the manager of the mattress store I checked.

"I'll be ordering a hundreds for a hotel I'm working on-" I explained. He was still thinking.

"Hmm, fine! You have to contact me because I have to pre-order new mattresses." He said.

The original price was a thousand which was too pricey for me. Even if it's one of the most luxurious mattress here in New York. I had to budget.

"You done?" Ara asked while going inside the car I borrowed from Kath. Which I met her for a few minutes early morning since she said she had a meeting to attend.

"Yup. I got the mattresses for only 700 dollars! It's a nice deal since it's already one of the most luxurious mattresses here in NYC." I said while doing a checklist on my notebook.

I'm already done with the lights, flooring, wallpapers, curtains, beddings, curtains, and a lot more. The only thing left is furnitures which I couldn't find anywhere here. I'm obviously not gonna finish today since it's already 4pm.

"Oh, Nadz, could you drop me off to this place?" She asked and showed me to a shop of fabrics.

"Of course! How will you go home though?" I asked.

"I could take a cab going to the hotel." She answered.

"Are you sure? You'll be fine alone? I could fetch you after." I reminded.

"Baka matagalan kasi ako. I'll be making a dress while we have months to go here in New York." She assured.

"Alright. Let's go." I said and started the engine.

There was no traffic an I got to immediately find the place of fabrics she was talking about. It was a huge place, honestly. It looks cool.

"If you can't find a cab, just call me, okay? I'll be in a cafe. Take care, Ara!" I reminded when I dropped her off.

"Okay, Nadz! Take care too!" She says and waved goodbye.

I went to the nearest cafe I could see but it is still sort of far. But there were just a few people staying there so I guess this could be a great spot of myself to work. I ordered myself a cup of coffee and a slice of cake to eat and went to the corner of the cafe to work. I laid down my things and started to research but I checked my phone for texts and there is.

Unknown Number:
Hi Nadine, I got your number from James. Can I meet you? This is Zoe.

I saved her contact number and I told her where I was. I really don't know what she's after for but maybe she'll talk to me now that I'm working with James. While I was waiting, I researched about her. She has a brother who's now handling their business and is a known tycoon. I searched up articles about Zoe and all the results were the dating rumors between them. Whatever. Maybe she's bothered that I'm working with him.

While doing my work, a few hours later, she came. Bakit ang tagal niya? How long does it take for her to dress up for a meeting with me?!
Her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing a navy blur dress and high heels. She doesn't look like she was meeting me here in the cafe but she looks like going on a business meeting.

"Hi, Nadine." She formally said. I just greeted her with a small smile and gesture.

She sat down at the chair across me and sat straight. Damn, Zoe... too formal!

"What do you need, Zoe?" I asked nicely.

"I just want to tell you that James and I have something-" She started.

Fucking shit.

"That I'm telling you right now that what he's doing? Is just for revenge. That he loves me. That we'll be marrying someday." She continued and smirked.

"Basically, I'm saying is that don't get your hopes up. He is purely here for business and not for you. He just wants revenge that's why he's acting like he wants you back." Zoe added.

"If you're hoping that he's not going to that, wlc he can." She said.

"I'm not here so I could get back to him, Zoe. Hindi ako pumapatol sa lalaki na magkaka asawa na. I don't even have plans on getting back with him even from the start. Don't think that I'm that kind of person who would still flirts even if he's already taken." I said.

She stared at me blankly.

Hindi ko alam na magaasawa pala si ni Zoe that they already have future plans for together. But even if they don't have future plans, I'm still be here just for business and not to get back to him. Even if my feelings would want to go first. Priorities.

"I'm not like you." I added.

"How dare you!" She nearly yelled.

"Don't cause a scandal, Zoe. Baka gusto mo masira ang pangalan mo. We're in a Cafe. We're in public." I reminded.

"You can't just call me a flirt! We barely even know each other!" She madly said.

"Oh, I can! If I can see it in you." I said smirking.

"Bitch!" She yelled again but just enough for the people near me can hear.

"You? Oh yes! Wag ka magsalita na parang ang linis mo, Zoe! Baka kung tanungin ko si James ngayon kung sino dito ang bitch, ikaw ang ituturo niya." I said.

"I think we're done here?" I scoffed.

She stood up with a frown on her face and walked away.

All I can say is that I'm tired and I need rest. Rest from today's drama and tiring plans. I got my phone and checked the notifications and I got two messages. From James and Ara.

Ara:
On my way home already!

James:
Are you free tonight?

I only replied to Ara and not to James.
I went back to the car and I realized I was tearing up already. Maybe because my heart kind of pinched when I knew they were going to be married and have a family in the future. A part of my heart hurts.

I'm tired, James and I don't want to see you.

END —
Hope you liked it! Keep voting!