Chapter 1

A/N: All chapters are currently being edited. I know there are many mistakes so please just bare with me for the first few chapters! Thank you!

UPDATE: OKAY SO IM JUST HERE TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT WHEN I WROTE THIS I WAS LIKE 14-15 BC I HAD JUST JOINED THE TWD FANDOM AND BASICALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH CARL/CHANDLER SO YEAH THE WRITING AND PLOT OF THIS BOOK IS PRETTY MUCH SUPER CRAPPY UP UNTIL LIKE THE LAST 10 CHAPTERS OR SO BC I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING
BUT I DONT HAVE TIME TO GO THROUGH AND RE WRITE CERTAIN PARTS SO JUST BARE WITH ME!! THANKYOU :)

---
"GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE," my mother yelled from downstairs.

I could hear her through the head phones that I quickly rip from my ears. I stand up, throwing them onto the bed. 

I swing my door open with so much force that it hits the wall. My little brother Chase stands in his bedroom door, directly across the hall from me, staring at me, a scared look etched onto his face. A very familiar look.

I stare at Chase and his eyes widen with fear. Me too, I think to myself.

"I SAID GET YOUR ASSES DOWN HERE NOW." I can tell my mother is angry, though I can only imagine what about this time.

I roll my eyes and walk out of my bedroom and down the stairs, hearing Chase's footsteps follow quietly behind me. As I reach the bottom of the stairs, a cold hand grips the back of my neck tightly. I'm not surprised though, simply used to it.

"Let me show you a little thing," my mom says through gritted teeth, as she shoves me towards her bedroom. When we reach her bedroom door she harshly shoves me onto the hardwood floor. I push myself up off the ground but am instantly pushed back down.

"Did I tell you to get up?", my mother asks, rhetorically.

I just glare at her. There's not much I can do in moments like these.

"So, who wants to tell me..what the hell this is?" she says with a softer tone now, as she points to a red stain on the white rug by her bedside.

I stare at the stain, but don't say a word.

I turn to look at Chase who looks terrified. He was always mom's favorite. I was happy for him though. He would never have to go through what I have. And I'm okay with that.

Suddenly, a hand grabs my chin, and I'm staring directly into my mother's eyes.

"You wanna give him some more dirty looks, sweety?"

I shake my head, no.

"Mind telling me why in the hell, there is a red stain on my nice clean, white carpet?" she asks, angrily.

I just shake my head again.

"Stand up." she says. Once, i'm up, I'm thrown against wall and held there by my mother's cold grip. I begin gasping for air as her grip on my neck tightens. She holds her face close to mine, and I can smell the booze on her breath.

"Mom.." I choke out. "Mom..I..I..didn't do it...I swear..." I am now clawing at her hand which pins me to the wall.

"Yeah, that's bullshit. Gonna make your little brother take the blame for everything." she says, raising her eyebrows. I glance over at my younger brother, just standing there letting this happen. Of course, I don't expect him to do anything though.

As I'm about to black out, he speaks up. No. No. I don't need him getting hurt too.

"Mom, Ari didn't do I-" he's cut off by my mom, who lets go of me as I slide down the wall gasping for breath. I'm sweating now, and rubbing my throat as I try my hardest to push any air down my right lungs. My vision is blurry, but I can make out my mom stomping towards Chase.