Chapter Twenty Three (First draft-Unedited)

Amaris' POV

"What the hell happened to you?! Are you okay?!" Cole rushed to my side as I walked through the front door, his face alarmed as he starts patting my body down checking for injuries.

"Relax! This isn't my blood! I'm fine, I promise!" Gently, I grab his hands and smile. His eyes ping pong between mine, a line dipping the skin between his brows as he scrutinizes me for a moment.

"Um.. did you... uh.. kill somebody?" He hazards, and rightfully so. I absolutely look as if I just slaughtered someone, or at the very least, something.

Breathing out a small, mirthless laugh, "No. I had to provide medical care to someone in an emergency.  Sorrentino business so don't even ask." I continue walking to the bathroom to avoid further questioning and to get cleaned up.

After a much needed hot shower, I put my t-shirt and jeans in the washer to soak. That blood better come out or I'll finish Levi off...

After the adrenaline rush from today has effectively left me completely exhausted, all I want to do is just go to bed. I get comfy under my blankets and grab my phone. Several texts are waiting to be read. I groan and open my messages.

Luca:
Levi is doing great. In some pain, but he's doing phenomenal.  Thank you Mare!

Miranda:
Omg! I heard about Levi and you saved his life! You're amazing girl! Call me tomorrow!

Dad:
Are you doing okay? Just wanting to check on you after the day we had.  You should be safe so get a good night's rest and call me tomorrow. Love you.

Damon:
Can you come over soon? We need to talk. Please sweetheart.

Dominic:
I need to see you. Can I see you tomorrow?

Cole:
Mare... are things okay between us? You've been kind of distant since... that night... I don't want things to be weird between us and I don't want to lose you as my friend. I know you won't ever consider me as anything more than your friend, and I accept that, but I just want to make sure things are okay between us... I can't lose you again. Our friendship means too much to me.

Well shit.  I totally wasn't expecting that. Ignoring all the texts for now, I allow sleep to consume me.

•••

The next day at work, I am busy doing some inventory checks on chemicals and must not have heard the door chime.  I didn't know there was a 'customer' until I heard one of the familiar deep voices I've grown to love, that sends tingling sensations of lust from my head to my toes, and turn around to see Damon.

"Hello sweetheart." His voice mesmerizes me briefly. I glance at his perfect, pink lips and get lost in a daze wondering for a minute what they'd taste like.

His soft chuckle brings my eyes back up to his. Shit. Busted. Oh well. "Hi, Damon. No Dominic? What can I do for you?" I arch an eyebrow and look at the solo twin curiously.

Where there is one, the other isn't usually far behind.

"Just me darling.  Dominic is in a meeting that he couldn't avoid.  And you probably wouldn't like any of my answers for what I think you can do for me." He smiles at me deviously, his eyes gaze at me from head to toe.  His eyes, full of lust and desire.

Biting my lip out of nervousness, I decide not to acknowledge what Damon just said and turn to continue inventory check on the chemicals.  Without thinking, I bend over to count items on a shelf thigh level.