Chapter Seventeen (First draft-Unedited)

Miranda's POV

I couldn't help but take turns staring between the Romano siblings.  They are so different yet similar all the same.  Both undeniably beautiful of course.  When two people with blessed genes procreate...

I tear my gaze away from Amaris and focus back on Luca manning the grill expertly. 

"Luca, how come Amaris is so much darker than you?" I blurted out without realizing it. You got a girl crush.

"She's always been darker complected than me like our mom." He chuckled as he looked up at me from over the grill. Heat seeps through my skin.  He's so damn handsome, it's such a shame he's been with Shelley forever and they have a daughter together. 

One can hope they will divorce one day, right?

"Duh Miranda. It's genetics.  Not each offspring will receive the same DNA sequence." Dominic teased, lightly pulling my pony tail.

"Recessive genes Dominic, duh." I teased back.

"Actually, we aren't full Italian." Luca offered.

"I wondered.  Once we saw Amaris we figured there was something else mixed in you guys. We originally thought that when we first met your mother but we weren't quite sure." Damon shrugged as he approached Luca's side behind the grill with more food.

I watched them both handle the grilling.  Dominic slung his arm over my shoulders and yanked me into his side, giving my head a noogie. "You figured correctly.  Our dad is Italian but our mom isn't Italian at all." Luca relayed as I shoved my brother away. 

I stiffen as I realize where my head was while Dominic has no shirt on.

I think my forehead went right into his armpit.

My brothers and I looked over in surprise as we realized what Luca said.  Maria just joined us and widened her eyes but didn't make a sound. Two guys came up beside Luca that I recognize from the club that night Amaris was there.

"Jace, Cole.  Glad you guys could make it!" Luca gave each man a bro hug and I heard my brothers both scoff in disgust. I looked at Maria and rolled my eyes.  She just shrugged.

"They found their girl. It's Amaris. However... she doesn't seem to feel the same way, so I don't think they've even told her." I whispered to my sister.

Maria rubbed her chin with her finger and thumb as she slowly nodded her head, surveying our brothers.

"I noticed their behavior was different since the day we met her. They watch her intensely and the way they look at her.... there's no mistaking it."  Maria whispered back so low I could barely hear her.

"So what else are you two if you aren't full Italian?"  I interrupted Luca and his two friends abruptly to hopefully lighten my brothers' moods some.

"We are half Italian, a quarter Native American Indian, and a quarter Egyptian. Our mom is half Lakota Indian and half Egyptian. Dad is the Italian. Interesting mix eh?"

"Very interesting. No wonder you two are so damn beautiful." My big mouth betrayed me.  Once again, I felt heat seep through my skin.

"You calling me beautiful, Miranda?" Luca waggled his eyebrows.

I blush hard. "Yep!"  I admitted.  I'm so embarrassed I can't even look at him anymore and decide to stare out in the yard.

"First time I've been called beautiful." He laughed. "Now Amaris on the other hand. Always got told about her beauty.  I'm not used to seeing her with her hair dyed though."  Luca gazed out at his sister.  "She never did that until she went to California.  It's taking some getting used to."