Chapter Thirteen (First draft-Unedited)

Amaris' POV

I stood clad in a towel in front of my closet, having trouble choosing what to wear tonight.
Obsidian seems rather prestigious so I don't want to stroll in there looking too casual nor do I want to walk in dressed like I'm attending some formal dance.

I pull out two different dresses and flash one in front of me then the other.  I still don't know which one to choose.  Annoyed, I holler out for Cole to come in for his opinion.

His eyes rake over me as I hold one dress in front of my body then swapping its place with my other choice.  "Hmmm," he mutters, eyes still roaming my body.  "I think they both look great." He finally answered with a shrug of his shoulders.  Well that was absolutely no help.  I roll my eyes and put my hands on my hips as I gave him a pointed look.  I'm about 10 seconds away from tapping my foot like a petulant child.

He snorts out a loud laugh.  "What's the deal, Amaris?  You could rock the whole town even if you went there wearing only the towel you've got wrapped around you." Laughing too hard at his own comment, he ducked out of my room before I could throw something at him. I growl, frustrated.

I toss both dresses on my bed and dive back into my closet, perusing the hangers of more dresses.  I finally settle on a 3/4 length sleeved sequined dress that reaches a little bit past my mid-thighs, the top and bottom coloring being silver while the midsection is black.

Absolutely stunning dress and totally fit for a club such as Obsidian. I slip on a matching black lace bra and panties then got in my dress. Stepping into my open toe black pumps, I check myself out in my full length mirror. 

Damn, I look freakin' HOT!

I decide to curl some big loose curls in my straight hair, teasing the top of my hair next and finish it off by pulling half of it up and securing it with bobby pins. I pull a few small strands of my long bangs out and let them hang freely along my face.  A pair of hooped earrings will suffice. Makeup time.... do I even need makeup? Probably not, but what the hell! I do my eyeshadow in a black smokey eye look, then line my eyes with some black winged liner.  A quick sweep of mascara on my long lashes and my eyes are complete. I dust a light layer of highlighter to my cheekbones and finish off with a nude lipstick.

Perfection.

I spray some Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue around my neck before grabbing my little black clutch and keys.  I'm going to turn some heads tonight.  I smile inwardly.  I deserve a little bit of fun and I enjoy appreciative looks from the opposite sex sometimes.

"Fuck, you look hot."

I pause my reach for the doorknob.  I look in Cole's direction, watching his eyes drink me in.

"Like what you see?" I cock an eyebrow at him. 

"Like? Fuck I think I'm in love," he licked his lips as he gave me another once over.  "You look incredible... no words can describe your beauty." He complimented, causing a rush of heat to burn up my neck.

"Awe, thank you Cole." I mumbled, my brain still stuck on stupid from the flattery.

We said our goodbyes and I made my exit, my eyes catching Cole's intense stare before I reversed my car.

There wasn't a line to wait in yet considering I arrived right before 7pm and they just opened. I figured there would be a line waiting for the doors to open. I make my way over to the main bar and saw Luca was working and asked him where Miranda was.

"She went to grab some juices. She will be right back up. She's tending the main bar with me tonight. You up here to party or hang out?"

"I guess to hang out mostly. Jace is coming up here to hang out too." I told him as I slid onto a bar stool.