87 | cover making website!

BEFORE I BEGIN,

   I want to express my deepest gratitude towards anyone and everyone that's stuck with me for whatever amount of time. 

   APRIL FIRST 2017 marks my two year anniversary on Wattpad today. Only a hooligan like me would join Wattpad on April's Fool.

   Anyhow, when I made an account two years ago, I never fucking expected any of this. I never thought I'd have a book (like this one specifically), where I could get a response from anyone, let alone establish what I feel is a positive platform.

   Let alone, I never even thought I'd write a book. I mean, I really wanted to, and it took a while before I bit the bullet and just went with it, but I'm glad I did.

   Regardless of having more unpublished books than completed ones, I don't regret a thing about it.

   I did it.

   I did it and I had some pretty awesome peeps (YOU) support me along the way.

   To stop the sappy mood, here's the main thing I want to get to. For all the support, laughs, friendships, I've made here I felt like the least I could do was give back.

   But I didn't want to just 'give back' with a sweet letter, I wanted to give back BIG.

   Now, this is something that I should have probably posted on my Covers or Writing Tips book, but as I've said it a thousand times before, this is my most read book.

   And I want as many people as possible to see this (so maybe I'll eventually post what I'm about to on those two others books).

   One of the questions I get asked THE MOST is what app I use to make covers. The answer is still PHOTOSHOP, and in the past, I've felt bad for saying that because I know it's not super accessible to everyone.

   It's a very expensive software, and then not the easiest to figure out. At least I don't know if I would have discovered everything I know about Photoshop if it weren't for the classes I've taken on it.

   Anyways, about a few days ago I discovered this website and holy fricking golden chicken nuggets, it's like photoshop, but way easier!

   I made this cover, my writing tips cover, and even my yuri on ice fanfiction's book cover with it.

   The website is called befunky.com

   Yes, it's a website! Nope, it's not an app that might not be available for every cell phone. It's a website and it's glorious!

I've never really seen anyone tall about it before, rather just pixlr and I think this website deserves way more recognition.
💖

   I guess this will be a mini tutorial, but here's how you use this website / get the perfect size for a cover (and then make your cover too, duh).

  FIRST, load the website. It should look like this:

CLICK on DESIGNER, and it should take you to this screen:

SCROLL DOWN on that little panel thing and you'll find this tab:

CLICK on BLANK TEMPLATES and you'll get this:

   Click on the 800x1200px option, and that's how you get the perfect template sizing for your Wattpad covers

   I'll make another little tutorial on how to do some cool things with your covers. Although, really don't expect to much because the stuff I've learned to do is nothing mind blowing. 

  Keep in mind that I do love a simple / sleek cover with some touches here and there, so yeah, don't expect anything too fancy! xD