Chapter 15: Begin Again

Start from the beginning

“So, you and Katia…” he let his voice trail as he smirked at me.

“I don’t think she really likes me.” I muttered.

“What—Why? I thought you guys were dating or something.”

“Thought so too. Apparently, she doesn’t believe in love.”

“Tough luck mate—what are you going to do now?” He eyed me.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged.

“Are you really giving up that easily?” Harry frowned.

“Like how you easily gave up with Kat?” I gave him a knowing look. “Maybe.”

His eyes widened, then went back to normal under two seconds. I could tell he tried to stay calm. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He muted.

“Oh, of course.” I rolled my brown irises as my sarcasm kicked in.

“Besides, she likes Niall. She told me herself.” He whimpered helplessly.

“Oh, stop being such a baby Styles.” I huffed, feeling my body heat up.

I couldn’t keep my mind off Katia and what she’ said at the beach. If she didn’t believe in love, then was she just flattered at the fact that I told her I liked her? I told myself I’d be there for her whenever she needed me—but what if she didn’t. What if she just enjoyed the idea of being liked and had no intention of liking back?

I wondered what she could be doing right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was on her phone talking to that Noah guy we’d met the night she found out about my fear of spoons.

“But you can’t give up. Katia doesn’t like anyone else.” Harry gave me a reassuring smile.

“Mate, she doesn’t like anyone—period.” I muttered.

“So there’s your chance to be the only one!” He gave me a wide grin and flashed his hands out, slightly shaking them as if introducing a new product on one of those TV ads.

“You’re weird.” I rolled my eyes again.

“But you love me.” He winked.

Flirt.

“Save it for when Lou gets back.” I chuckled, standing up.

“And where are you going?” Harry frowned at me. “You can’t leave me! What if mobs of girls come in and try to grab me? I need you!”

“None of your business. And I highly doubt that second statement.” I answered flatly, hearing a forced gasp escape his mouth.

“Jesus, What crawled into your pants and died?”

“You’re big ego.” I smirked, almost laughing at his reaction.

He looked hurt, letting out sniffing sounds. He was rather annoying, but I loved him as a brother would.

I took a deep breath before allowing my hand to twist the knob. I entered reluctantly, seeing Katia lying on the bed.

Katia lay on her side as she slept. She had changed out of her clothes and now wore one of my shirts. She had a habit of doing that now. Under in, were her board shorts. Her dark hair trailed sideways along the pillow. Her slim body was curled up as she hugged her knees.

I slipped my shirt off and crawled in beside her. I eyed her phone that lay on the sheets between us. Maybe she was talking to that Noah guy. I quickly picked it up, scrolling through her messages.

Nothing.

The last message she’d gotten was what I’d seen a couple of days ago. She hadn’t even replied to it. I continued on scrolling down to a contact name that read ‘Jem.’