First Night

Natsu was tossing and turning in his girlfriend, Lucy's bed. He couldn't stop thinking about what Acnologia had said. Why must they turn into dragons? Does this mean that they can't see their nakama again? He couldn't imagine life without Lucy. It should be harder than Lisanna when everyone thought she 'died'. Happy just constantly reminded Natsu of Lisanna which made things worse. He would usually engage himself into fights with Gray who understands how he felt. Below all that fighting, Gray and Natsu understood each other. Gray knew what it meant to be alone after Ul died so he understood that Natsu wanted to fight to forget the pain.

Gajeel himself wasn't doing any better too. He couldn't sleep but didn't toss and turn in fears of waking Levy and Pantherlily up. A thunder clap sounded and Gajeel shifted himself slightly to see Lily. He was shaking and covering his ears but failed when another thunder sounded, making Lily jump. Gajeel shook his head slightly before scooping Lily from his place and held him. Levy then snuggled up against him after she turned. Gajeel pulled the blanket up to cover all three of them. He decided to try to get some sleep which he did eventually.

A thunderstorm had stirred outside and Wendy was awake, looking out of her window. Carla was still asleep, not wanting to wake her up, Wendy slipped out of Fairy Hills to meet Laxus at their normal place where they once met by accident due to a thunderstorm. She started a quick jog wanting to get to the cave faster so that she wouldn't be drenched. Laxus was already there, his fur coat flying around him. "Laxus-san," Wendy said breathless from her jog.

"Wendy," he said in response before looking up at the sky as he looked at the lightning bolts fly around in the sky.

"Sorry for making Laxus-san wait. I was distracted," Wendy said as she was still a little afraid of his huge frame and doesn't want to get on his bad side.

Laxus waved it off before patting the space next to him, inviting Wendy to sit. Wendy sat down quickly before looking up at the sky. "Tell me Wendy, what happened today in the guild? A moment the three of you were there then you guys disappeared the next moment," Laxus said without looking away from the beauty of the sky. "And you guys with Sting and Rogue appeared at the training grounds."

Wendy shifted slightly, not sure if she could tell him. After all he was a dragon slayer, he may not be the first generation but he was one after all. He was the Lightning Dragon Slayer. Wendy had heard of his story. His father, Ivan who was the guild master of Raven Tail, combined a lacrima into Laxus which cause his lightning scar. She heard that Ivan did so because he thought his son was weak and wanted to make him stronger.

"Natsu, Gajeel, Rouge, Sting and I were called by Acnologia. The dragon who tried to kill us on Tenrou Island. He was the Dragon King who told us that our dragons died and we have to replace them," Wendy said and then for the first time ever since she heard the news, she cried. "We have 7 days before we turn into dragons."

Laxus hugged her tightly, shocking Wendy. "Goodbye. I'll miss you. Whenever I look at the sky, I would be remembered of you, just promise to remember me whenever you see lightning though," Laxus said playfully smiling at Wendy who he had considered her nakama and little sister.

Wendy was shocked by Laxus' gesture but she smiled knowing that someone in the guild would miss her other than Carla and maybe Romeo. "Wendy, remember this, Fairy Tail will miss you for you are part of us. We will miss you. Don't let yourself think that no one would miss you because we would. We miss everyone who we count as family like Loke, that ladies' man. Even though he is Blondie's spirit, I hear Gray complaining occasionally about not able to go on a mission with that lion dude."

Wendy giggled at Laxus' nickname for people. Laxus released her from his grip before smiling at her. "Don't let anything get you down," Laxus said putting his hand on Wendy's blue hair which made Wendy pout as Laxus let out a hearty laugh.

Laxus then turned back to the sky as the storm started to die down. He sighed before he got up. Wendy quickly got up next to him as they started to walk in the slight drizzle. Laxus walked Wendy back to Fairy Hill before going back to his own home. He couldn't believe what Wendy told him. He was going to miss Natsu and Gajeel even with their brawls for that's Fairy Tail. As much as he hated admitting it.