Chapter 20 (New years)

Start from the beginning

Five minutes into the incredibly cheesy predictable movie, Finn joined me on the couch and slipped an arm around me and said: “Chick flick, really?”

I chuckled and nodded. “Yes, really.”

“How about we ditch this crappy movie and go to my room to have some..... fun?” he smirked and raised his eyebrows suggestively.

There’s the old Finn we know and love.

“Is that a yes....?” Finn trailed off.

“Finn, that’s a no.”

“Are you sure?” he winked, “I have a VERY open mind.”

I shoved him lightly, “Finn, seriously.”

“Finn,” he huffed and pulled me closer to him.

------------------------------------

2 hours later, when Sandra and I were bawling our eyes out because of the sappy ending of the movie, Finn and Zack were given the difficult task of comforting us.

“Shhh, its okay, Bianca, “Finn said soothingly. “It’s just a movie.”

“But- but he died at the end!” I sniffled.

“I would be surprised if he didn’t.” Finn replied with a smile.

Whenever Finn smiled, I couldn’t help but smile back at him. “Thanks, Finn.” I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my seather.

“Thanks for what?” Finn raised an eyebrow.

I kissed him on the lips in response.

A grin crept onto his face, “Well, in that case....” he trailed off, kissing me back.

“Keep it in your pants! Finn!” exclaimed Zack.

Finn chuckled at the comment. He let go of me and turned back to the movie.

“It’s almost midnight!” Sandra announced.

The four of us hurried over the window, where we had a great view of Times Square.

Some singer was performing the last song of the year. A big screen was displaying the time till midnight. People screamed and shouted when there were only 30 seconds left.

“10,” counted Zack when it got to the last 10 seconds.

“9,” the rest of us joined him.” 8....7....6....5....4....3....2....1!”

We all watched as the blue crystal ball dropped and fireworks exploded in the clear night sky. People cheered below us and set off more colorful fireworks.

“Wow,” I breathed,” It’s beautiful.”

Finn’s gaze averted to me, “you’re beautiful.” He whispered with a genuine smile on his face.

I looked down shyly. Finn gently put a finger under my chin and lifted it back up so he could plant a kiss on my lips.

My first kiss in the New Year. It was with Finn, not the bad-ass Finn, though. The REAL Finn who had a cute dimple when he smiled. The Finn who I was in love with.

“Awww!” squealed Sandra, “You guys are adorable!”

I felt my cheeks turn to a bright shade of red “Thanks.”

“You know what they say about adorable couples?” Finn whispered in my ear, “They make adorable babies.”

I nearly choked to death on his comment. In order to make babies, you’ll have to.....