Chapter 6 (Kidnapped)

Chapter 6

The next morning, I woke up with a huge headache and I felt really tired. I tried to crawl out of bed, but I gave up after a few minutes.

“So this is what a hangover feels like,” I thought to myself. I squinted at my watch. It read 10:35 am. Then, I noticed the writing on the back of my hand, “Finn” I remembered, “he was a half-breed, and Tyler was my guardian angel.” 

I managed to climb out of bed and stumble downstairs. I found my phone on the kitchen counter and picked it up. I saw a text message from Sandra.

“Wanna come over 2 day?” it read.

“Sure, when?” I texted back.

“Now! I need to know everything that happened with you and Finn yesterday!” Sandra answered.

I jogged back to my room, changed into a light blue t-shirt and black jeans. I grabbed my hoodie from my hanger in my closet and texted to Sandra:” can I sleepover?”

“Sure.” Sandra answered.

I stuffed some cloths in a cloth bag and left. It took me half an hour before I arrived at her place. Sandra saw me crossing her driveway and opened her front door before I knocked. She invited me in and led me to her room. “So,” Sandra said, sitting beside me on her bed with a bowl of popcorn, “tell me everything!”

I hesitated, what should I tell her? The truth? Finn wished I could keep the whole supernatural thing a secret but…… Sandra was my best friend. “Um… well, we….” I started but Sandra cut me off.

“Come on Bianca, tell me the whole thing!” Sandra said again.

“Not much happened,” I continued, “we just talked about school and chemistry!”

Sandra looked at me for a long time, “I can tell you’re lying.” She said finally.

“What? No! I’m-“I tried. But she raises her eyebrows and crossed her arms. I knew I had to tell her something…..  Just not everything. One thing I’m sure about Sandra was that once she knows you’re hiding the truth, she is determined to get it out of you. There was no way getting around her, no matter how hard you try.

“Well,” I started again, “we talked in his in his living room about his family, and he taught me some chemistry. I stayed at his place for dinner and he showed me around his house. At the end, we chatted in his room and he gave me a ride home at about 7.”

“Really? Wow!” Sandra squeals. “Did you get a chance to sit on his bed?”

“Yeah, sat there about an hour.” I answered.

“You’re so lucky! I’m totally jealous of you! Are you going to his house again soon? I should totally give you a makeover before you go…..”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We spend the day gossiping about school, family and of course, Finn. Sandra spoke the most, talking endlessly beside me. I paid half of attention to her and watched the TV on her wall. The news was on and the news lady was talking about the unexplained deaths near our town of Amity Ville. Sandra’s words quickly turned to background noise when I focused on the TV. There were four deaths. Two found beside the little stream that flowed in the forest just north of the town. The other two was found locked in a car, parked in front of a wilderness centre near the forest. Mysterious disappearing and deaths near our town can be described as  “not much of a surprise”  since 1734. Usually 5-10 cases a year. That is also the reason why people didn’t like to move to our town….. Finding 4 cases on one day? This never happened.

“And blah blah blah…” was all I heard from the TV before Sandra shook my shoulders. “Bianca, what’s wrong?”

“Sorry, I just got caught up in the news.” I moved my eyes from the TV and looked at her.

Soon came the night and Sandra finally got tired and stopped talking about the tricks of putting on makeup. We finished dinner and set up the sleeping bags and sheets in her family room. Sandra chatted with me a bit more when we lay down side by side in our sleeping bags. She quickly fell asleep and turned to the other side with her back facing me.

I thought of Tyler and how he left my room last night and never came back. I wondered where he is now and why he never called me to explain. My thoughts drifted from Tyler to Finn, did he regret telling me his secrets already?I got tired of figuring out the possible explanations for Tyler and fell asleep.

It was only 3am when I woke up from a loud cracking sound. I sat up quietly and heard the same noise again, not wanting to wake up Sandra; I slipped in my slippers and hurried to the living room. Outside of Sandra’s front lawn, there were a group of black- clothed men who stood on Sandra’s driveway in a circle. They then broke the circle and surrounded the house, some stayed in the front and some went to the back garden. I hid behind the curtains and felt goose bumps on my back. I ran as quickly as I could to Sandra and shook her in her sleep.

“Wake up! Someone’s trying to break into your house!” I whispered in Sandra’s ear. “Come on Sandra, wake up!”  

Sandra rolled in her sleeping bag and moaned:”leave me alone Bianca!”

“You really need to wake up now! Someone-“I couldn’t finish my sentence before someone grabbed me from the back and pinned me to the wall in inhuman speed.

“Who-“I tried to ask but finding the stranger stuffing a ball of cloth into my mouth.

“Shhhhh be quiet girl or I’ll take your friend with you!” the stranger told me in a rough voice.

I shut my eyes and allowed the man to carry me out the window on his back. There was a soft landing sound when we hit the ground.

Another man came and made me smell something from a bottle; I drifted to sleep after smelling the sweet liquid inside. The next time I woke up was the next day, I found myself tied to a chair in a room with nothing but another chair in front of me. There ware no windows or clocks, just a metal door. After half an hour, the door opened and a tall muscular young man walked in, he was good looking and about 20. he had short brown hair and blue eyes. He smiled at me and sat in the empty chair.

“My name is Michael, you might know because of Finn,” he said to me as he leaned back in the chair. I wanted to ask why he kidnapped me but found the ball of cloth still in my mouth.

“It’s impossible to escape here by the way, there are at least 10 demons guarding you.” Michael added casually.

I couldn’t do anything aside from staring angrily at him.

“In case you’re wondering why we kidnapped, friend of Finn, we took you because you are friends with Finn and we want something from him.” Michael said, “Simple, isn’t it? I promise to let you go unharmed if Finn trades his hero ring with us for you. “I looked at him with my eyebrows raised, looking confused.

Michael signed and said:” Finn didn’t even tell you about hero rings?” he continued when I shook my head:” hero rings are keys to enter the kingdom of angels, aka heaven. Only half-angel have these rings because their half-half. Angels don’t need them and we demons don’t have them.”

“Why me?” I tried to ask and Michael still understood me even though it came out as something totally different.

“Well, two reasons: first, you’re friends with Finn—meaning he actually cares about your safety. Secondly, you’re human, such easy creatures to be captured!” Michael answered and got up from his chair. He stretched his arms and added:” If Finn doesn’t accept the trade----- Prepare to die my friend!” Michael walked out and slammed the door hard behind him.

I leaned back in my chair to thought to myself, aren’t I the last descendant? Isn’t Michael supposed to be searching the whole world for me? I wanted to laugh but only finding tears on my cheeks.