Closer to the edge 11

"No Shi…Shiloh. We are not watching the Avengers again" Shannon said as he grabbed the DVD box out of my hand.

"AWW but it’s my favourite movie" I explained as I tried to grab it again.

"No, you know every word" Shannon said as he looked through the pile of DVDs

"Fine, what about this one” I said as I held up Thor

"Baby, just because it is not the Avengers doesn't mean we can still watch it. Another one you can say all the words to.” Shannon said as he eyed me.

"Ok how about…" I started before Shannon interrupted 

"No we are not watching any of the Iron Man’s or Captain America. Anyone who played in the Avengers, we are not watching their own movie" Shannon explained as he didn’t look up from the pile of DVDs

"But you said I could pick" I explained 

"Yeah but not something we have seen 1000 times. Baby most girls watch girly chick flicks not you! Let’s watch something we haven’t seen before" Shannon explained as he took more DVDs out of the pile and put them into the discarded one.

Racking through the remainder of the DVDs nothing caught my eye. Looking at the ones in the discarded pile I racked trough the ones Shannon had put there. Seeing the one I wanted I grabbed it and threw it at Shannon

"This one, I choose this one" I said smiling at my pick.

"Eight below, Shi you ball your eyes out every time you watch this" Shannon said raising his eye brow

"I know I’m in the mood for sad movie then after we can watch a funny one" I smiled. Reluctantly Shannon placed the DVD into the player before returning to the couch and sitting down all snuggled together starting our movie night. 

Wiping the last of my remaining tears I hit Shannon in the chest.

"Aye what was that for" Shannon said as he rubbed the spot where I hit him

"Why did you out this on you know I ball my eyes out at this movie it’s so sad" I said as I saw the end credits come up. 

"I told you!" Shannon said as he rubbed my back. Standing up I dried my eyes again 

"I’m going for a wee, pick another movie. Make it a funny one this time" I said to Shannon as I left him in the sitting area. 

"Ok captain" Shannon replied as he saluted to me

"Whatever jack ass!" I said as I walked through the door.

Returning I saw Shannon with a bowl of freshly made popcorn our glasses refilled and the TV on pause. Walking over I sat next to Shannon leaning right against him so my back was against his chest, pulling the cover over our bodies. 

'What are we watching?' I asked once I was comfortable

"Insidious" Shannon said trying to hold back a laugh as he clicked play. Turning my head around quickly I looked at Shannon in complete horror.

"Please tell me you are lying" I asked afraid of his answer

"Deadly serious" he replied with a smug look in his face

"I am not watching this, I was crying in the last one as it was so sad and now I’ll be crying with this one as I’m petrified. I’m going to bed if you’re going to watch this" I said as I flicked the cover off and stood up.

"Shiloh, please stay I’ll change it for you" Shannon said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to sit down. 

"What do you want to watch" he asked as he stood up and went towards the TV

"The Avengers" I replied quietly 

"Hell no, think again pretty girl" Shannon said. 

Finally deciding on a movie we settled down and it began. Feeling myself relax against Shannon’s hold I felt my eye lids drift shut briefly as the movie got into the main plot. I knew I had to go to bed, but I didn’t want to have to sleep in the bunk on my own. Pulling me from my thoughts Shannon bent down and kissed my forehead. Smiling I turned to face him and looked at his full lips

‘I challenge you to a face battle’ I replied in all seriousness

'You are such a dork’ Shannon replied before pressing his lips to mine.

Our tongues danced making all the sleepiness leave my body in a second. Trying to hold back the moan that was close I broke from Shannon’s kiss and rested back against him all my attention on the movie. Feeling him sigh from beside me I leaned back and dropped my hand to his groin, pressing against it gently. Feeling him shudder under my hold I lifted my hand and tried to grab the bowl of popcorn which he was hogging. Lifting his arm up to block me, I let out a laugh and fought against him to get some popcorn. Leaning over him I reach for the bowl again as he pulled it further and further away. Spilling some of the contents I managed to grab the bowl as a satisfied smile spreads across my face. Smiling to myself I put all of my concentration back on to the movie we are watching. Throwing some popcorn kernels into my mouth I stifle a laugh as I feel eyes watching me, looking into the corner of my eyes I saw Shannon staring at me. Turning to face him I grab a handful of popcorn and throw it in his direction. Seeing a shocked expression flash across his face at my move.

'Hey don't waste it!' He replied as he picked it up from the couch and shoved it in his mouth. Smiling I eat more popcorn and move over slightly. A few inches from Shannon I see him sitting on the edge of the couch after cleaning up the spillage of popcorn, full concentration on the movie.

'Hey, come snuggle with me' I say as I lift the covers. All I want to feel is Shannon's warm body next to mine.

I want to lye against his thick shoulders and feel safe and secure in his hold. Taking his boots off Shannon moves over still leaving a space between the two of us. Looking at him I move over so our shoulders touch. Lifting his arm I lift it over my head so it is around my shoulders. 

'That’s better' I say as I rest my head against his shoulder. Smiling to myself, I place the popcorn bowl in front of him allowing him to take some for himself.

Slowly wiping over my lips I turned to Shannon’s direction to see him concentrating on the movie. Smiling to him I sunk lower into the cushions sleep beginning to take over once again. A while past as the movie was almost over with my eye lids dropping, battling sleep Shannon flicked the TV off as the end credits scroll over the screen, he pulled back the blanket letting all the cold air in.

"Come on your falling asleep on me. Time for bed" he said as he started to get up. Putting everything away while I lay on the couch I rested my eyes again, feeling unconsciousness take over. 

"Baby, come on your falling asleep" Shannon said as he lifted the cover completely off of me. Walking towards the bunk I climbed in and whispered Shannon a good night. Feeling my eyelids close already Shannon kissed my forehead before climbing into his bed above mine. Tossing and turning for a few moments I knew I needed Shannon to fall asleep on again. Climbing out my bunk I jumped up and pulled my covers with me into Shannon’s. Climbing in his bunk his aftershave hit me like a brick wall. A soft chuckle came from Shannon as he moved over to give me more space. Feeling his warm body beside me warming me up instantly I felt my eye lids drift closed once again.

"Good night Shiloh" he said as he kissed my forehead again as I drifted to sleep.