I took his hand off my face and looked away,
"There's nothing to talk about."

He fell to his knees and grabbed my hands. "Please Scarlett I can't live like this, without you, please just let me explain."

"Fine, I'll see you around seven, I have the stuff to do"

I slammed the door on his face and sunk into the cold tiled floor. My body felt like there were a thousand needles pricking me at once. Seeing his face again was harder than I'd imagined especially seeing him in that state. His features emitted nothing but vulnerability and despair. Any second longer I probably would have caved into his embrace and forgiven him.

"Hey sis, what's wrong" Isabella sat down beside me bumping me with her shoulder.

"Oh, you have no idea. My life is a complicated stupid mess, I wouldn't even know where to begin."

My sister nudged my arm and gave me a death stare to continue. "Well, Let's see, Thomas, you know the asshole who dumped me? He was just here looking like a bloody hot heartbroken mess. He wanted to explain things and you know, I caved with his sad eyes. Oh and two weeks or so ago I shared a drag me into an alternative universe and back kiss with a stranger at a club. That stranger turned out to be my new boss who is ridiculously hot with that Spanish accent of his. Also doesn't help that my whooha is drawn into the man like a magnet. Not only that, but he also turns out to be a totally sweet guy who likes to take you to the beach for dinner and hear you talk for hours... which does not help the whooha situation at all. Should I keep going?"

My sister erupted in laughter. "Well, when in doubt sis, always listen to your whooha. You can never go wrong with that I mean-"

"No, I can't listen to my whooha! Sleeping with my boss is a recipe for disaster plus I highly doubt that he would even entertain the idea. He does not seem like the type who would sleep with an employee. I really like this job I don't want to do anything to jeopardize it."

"Really, he wouldn't entertain that idea but he would listen to you ramble on for hours? I've been on the other side of that and it's not a pretty sight your ears start to bleed after while."

I hit my sister's arm playfully."You know sometimes, I forget that I'm the big sister, how are you so wise for 18?

She stood up and extended her hand to help me up, "Hey, I'm almost 19 and sis, you live more when you don't follow the rules or bullshit expectations people put on you. Take some advice from your little sister and live a little, think later ok?" she kissed my forehead stumbled out of the front door.

 Take some advice from your little sister and live a little, think later ok?" she kissed my forehead stumbled out of the front door

I wiped my sweaty palms onto the sides of my navy blue jeans and proceeded into the old diner.  Thomas was waiting for me in the booth near the back with a red rose in his hand. He wore a fitted v neck and black denim pants. His eyes were more swollen and restless than when I saw him earlier. Had he been crying?