(64) New Beginnings

After two weeks

"Manik! What should I wear? I am going to meet your parents for the first time! " I screamed from my room, while Manik was sitting in the hall of my home. Amms left for Mangalore after meeting Manik, he convinced her that he loves me and will care for me till the rest of his life. Though, it was kinda unconvincing, but Amms was satisfied because of the rich background of Manik's family to our delight. Many things have happened in the course of these two weeks, Piya who is Manik's sister is with Aryaman, so is Mukti and Abhimanyu, and also Navya and Cabir. Everyone is in love and happy! And I am with Manik, and this is the best thing happened to me. Today, everyone is returning, Piya, Aryaman, Mukti and Abhimanyu are returning from Delhi as they were staying there for some time till the ticket related stuff got cleared. Manik is taking me to meet his parents, especially his mom, though I have met her earlier, but this time as the girlfriend of her son. He is not elated to make me meet his dad, I know the reason, but I want to clear the misunderstandings between the father and son, and will do it for sure.

"Kuch bhi pehen Lo, Nandini. It doesn't matters!" Manik answered casually and I came out from my room to the hall, and made an akimbo "What does this mean Manik? How can I wear anything? I am going to meet my to be in laws and you're saying...." I realised I said in laws and Manik's eyes sparkled as he heard this word. He got up from the couch and started coming towards me, as he pinned me to the nearest wall, his hands sliding in my waist as he pulled me close.

"In laws..? Interesting. That means, I will be your husband right? Bahot jaldi hai mujhe husband banane Ki,huh? " He said seductively blowing airs in my ears, making me lose myself,I still managed to control myself but it was not happening. "Haan, because I don't want to lose you anymore, but you have to leave me for NOW!" I slipped outside from his hands, and ran to my room, laughing and blushing. While I heard him say cheating to me, but I didn't cared.

I finally decided on a saree, typical, I know but couldn't settle myself for better, they were punjabis, I should have chosen salwar kameez but I don't know this red saree with black border attracted me and I chose, with silver danglers. I had a problem in draping saree, but it was alright. I finally managed to do so. I got out of the room to find Manik drinking coffee and the second he saw me in this saree, his heart skipped a beat and he forgot to breathe, he dropped the cup and was panicking all over when I went over to him and kept my hand on his shoulder and mumbled "Calm down, I didn't knew your fantasy levels reached so high, seeing me in this bold and beautiful saree." I winked and he smiled naughtily, sliding his hand through my bare waist. I shivered through his touch, and he seemed to enjoy all this, as a flirtatious smile played on his lips.

"No romance time, Mr. Malhotra! We are getting late!" And he was least affected by my sentence, he was busy removing my hairs from my face and was trying to inhale their fragrance, I cupped his cheek and once again insisted, but this time, I was successful. He nodded and we sat in the car and drove to his place. When we reached, I was getting a bit nervous, if Nyonika Aunty would accept me as her daughter in law? Though, I knew she was a sweet lady, but taking this decision was serious. And I didn't knew his father, will he like me? Will I be able to sort out the misunderstandings between the father and son?

Manik kept his hand on mine to boost my confidence and I smiled a little, to tell him I was alright. I had thought of something, and I knew this plan will hurt Manik and his feelings, but I had to do it, for the sake of him only. We got out of the car, and Manik rang the doorbell, Nyonika Aunty opened, and Manik went down to touch her feet, she blessed him and I was also going to do so, when she said "Daughters don't touch feet, beta. Come inside." I felt more nervous, because if she was considering me her daughter, then how will she accept me as her daughter in law!

I came inside, while Manik sat in the couch of his hall, I decided to help Nyonika Aunty in the kitchen. "Uncle, nahi aaye? " I cooed and slowly walked towards her, "Nahi, he will be here in some time, why did you come here? Everything is ready beta, I will manage." I nodded and was turning to go out when she said "Acha, aa jao, you only have to manage the kitchen after marriage, isn't it? And please no Aunty uncle, we are Mom and dad now." I turned and hugged Nyonika Aunty out of joy. She patted my back, while I said sadly, " Aunty, dad toh tabhi Hoga, jab Manik apne dad se mujhe khush hokar, khud milayega, sorry Aunty, but I know everything." Nyonika aunty pulled my chin up and gestured me to smile, "Don't worry, when you'll come na, everything will be alright. Trust me." She said to cheer me up but I had decided, that today I sort out everything. "I have a plan, will you help me?" I looked up to her nervously, she smiled and I shared the plan with her.

After some time, Ashok Uncle rang the bell, and Manik opened the door, both had an eye contact but Manik broke it and sat on the couch again. Uncle came towards me "You're Nandini, right? Nyonika told me about you. You're lot more beautiful than I had heard of you. God Bless you!" I bowed down to touch his feet when Nyonika aunty screamed from the kitchen "God Bless Me!" And I controlled my smile while Manik and Ashok ran to the kitchen. "What happened Mom?" Asked Manik while I gave a thumbs up to aunty. "My life is ruined, Sab mujhe hi karna padta hai. Had dharam sankat se mujhe hi nikalna padta hai. Oh god! Help me!" Nyonika aunty screamed and looked up while I was thinking that the acting was going a bit overboard. "What do you mean, Nyonika?" Ashok uncle asked and Nyonika aunty pointed at him and Manik. "What do I mean, Ashok? Tum dono baap bete kya chahte ho? Dono se deal mujhe hi karna padhta hai, kab dono aapas mein sulah karoge? I can't take this anymore." Nyonika yelled, while I covered my mouth to cover my smile, but one thing was sure, Nyonika aunty was an over actress for sure.

"Why are you saying all this in front of her? She doesn't know, anything about this house!" Ashok pleaded. "She will be our family member, soon. And she knows about it all. I told her." Manik said which made Ashok a bit angry thinking his family matters were revealed to me a stranger to their family. But I wanted to control the situation, I slowly moved towards him, and asked "Why you did so, Uncle? Everyone wants to know the answer, Manik too! I have seen him missing his father's love. And I know, you are also missing your best friend cum son, I want to become a member of this family, when everything is alright and stable. Please let us know, though I know the reason would be grave and justified, and any father won't do anything wrong for his son. Will you tell us please?"

*****************