(61) Heart-Break

I sat there cursing my fate and tears rolling down my cheek, I didn't even thought in my life that I would even face a situation like this, tomorrow, all will be gone, we would be separated for life and I will never get a chance to see his face again, to drown in his hazel brown chocolaty eyes again, no one will come to rescue me when I trip, I would be all alone again.
Suddenly flashes of our past struck in my mind when I tripped in Ambala and he was there to rescue me
"Tumhe sambhalne ke liye tumhe hamesha koi chahiye....hai na?"

"I don't want any other person to hold me except you.....i want to tumble but just to be held by you...."

These sentences did nothing but increased the no. of drop on my cheeks and I started crying more, people there were looking at me awkwardly but I didn't give a damn to them as they didn't mattered but he did. And after some time I felt a gentle pat on my shoulder and surprisingly it was him who was looking all shocked and worried about me as he made me stand and enveloped me in a soothing hug which was much needed by me as he stroked my hairs and kept whispering "Shush, bas hogaya! No more crying! What happened suddenly huh?"

And I just clutched his shoulder tight and kept wetting his clothes by my reasonable tears, how much I wanted to confess to him about my feelings, I knew he loved me too and will believe me and my love for him but when he will come to know I was just stalking him around to find some criminal activity in his mind, will this believe stay strong? If it doesn't then? I will give him a reason to hate me which I would not like to give in the darkest of my dreams...I know I was not god's favourite child but he also wasn't ? This punishment was of not only mine, but also of him of which he is unaware but I am sure once we will reach Mumbai, and he will realise his love for me, he will try every way to get to me and make me his,but sorry my love, this is not possible. We aren't meant to be.

Meanwhile, Cabir and Navya came to us, Cabir looked concerned and worried while Navya looked normal because she knew the reason of my tears and suffering. Cabir and Manik asked Navya about my condition because of my unstoppable condition.

"Erm..Nandini was missing her parents, I guess! Actually she just saw a happy family sitting together and enjoying here, so they reminded her of her own family. That's why she got emotional, haina Nandu?"

Navya lied hesitatingly while Cabir and Manik nodded in understanding and Manik broke the hug which I didn't wanted to. He cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears slowly by his thumb and gave a slight smile.

"Hey,shush..it's alright! Even I am missing my family, but you have to stay strong for them, you only told me na that your parents asked you to come here to build your future? And here, you are building your future by shedding tears ? Naah, not cool! Once you become something in your life na, I will take you to them, and it's a promise!"

He held my tiny hands between his giant ones sealing the promise of love but little did he knew that he won't be able to do it, in fact he would never see my face after tomorrow. He made me get up and made me sit in a chair, brought some food,water for me and looked at me with affectionate eyes which I couldn't resist and I had to give in as he made me drink some water sip by sip and made me eat some food like a child. I was just trying to live the moment. I so wanted to cage these moments and take them with me,yeah they would be stored as memories, not just memories but the best memories of my life which I could not and don't want to forget ever!
Soon, I was done eating and it was time for us to catch some sleep,he and Cabir were going to be in one room and I & Navya in one but I didn't wanted to leave Manik's presence for a second so Navya decided to shift in Cabir's room for the night, no doubt they both had built an unbreakable bond in a due course of time and I could feel the pain of Navya as she was also forced to leave her love that was Cabir because she knew Cabir and Manik were like brothers and will not hide anything and Cabir will not be able to digest the fact that we actually tried to prove Manik a criminal.
I was sitting in my room,giving a glance to flashback, the beautiful memories we shared because of this trip, our walk in Chandigarh, our cute moments in Ambala, the teasing sessions of Bittoo and Sweety, everything was just perfect and just the way I had wanted my dream love story to be but little did I knew that it had to be an incomplete one.

Knock!

"Hey Nandini, may I come in?"

Manik was here. I quickly went to the door and opened it. He shot me a smile and I wished this could stay there permanently, after I was gone. I also replied in a smile, I so wanted him to recognise it as a fake one but he didn't .

"Are you okay now?"

"Yes,and why did you ask for permission haan? You can come to my room anytime!"

"I am glad to know you're fine and about the permission, it's a gentlemanly gesture Nandini!"

Oh god! What should I do? How much I am trying to forget him, he is making me fall in love with him every second of my life! Can we not return to the phase when we both hated each other? At least, it would have been easier for me to forget him, but now, I know it very well, that I can't forget him because he is a part of my life, he is a part of me, wait a minute! Why a part? He is my life !

We both sat on the bed and by chance our fingers brushed each other and we both felt awkward but good, at least I did.

"Actually, Navya wanted to be with Cabir so ..."

"Shhh! You don't need to give me an explanation Manik, I trust you . And ,moreover I also wanted to spend some time with you."

Damn! Why the hell did I have to say the second sentence! What will he think of me? You spoiled it all Nandini!

"To be honest , I also wanted to! Actually there is something that I need to tell you! If I will not tell you then I will explode because I can't hold this feeling anymore!"

He also wanted to stay with me ! This is so beautiful! This night will be so beautiful, he and I , I so wanted this, but it's only for the night. But, what does he want to tell me?

"What?"

I spoke questioning him through my eyes and he kept his hand on my hand .

"I love you!"

I am dead!

************************
No proof reading done! Ignore unintentional typos!

Keep supporting me and my stories

Bye and take care !