7

Jungkook's P.O.V

"Maybe"

He also stops right before we enter the front door.

"What?", he asks softly, "You dislike me?"

I shrug.

"W-why?", his bottom lip starts trembling. He starts to fiddle with the hem of his baby blue sweater.

"Don't cry", I warn him, "Don't you dare"

"W-why do you dislike me-e? Did I do something w-wrong?", the stutters barely make it through his mouth. A tear rolls out of his eye and drops onto his shirt. I grab him by the collar and charge forward so his back hits the door. He looks at me with wide eyes so multiple tears start to leak onto his cheeks.

"You say too much please, you're naive, innocent, you follow me around everywhere, you have purple hair- who has purple hair?", I grip his shoulders tightly, "You have puppy dog eyes, you can't seem to be able to close your mouth, your lips are way too soft looking and your skin looks like silk" I notice I'm yelling and drop my hand. He looks at me shocked.

"I don't understand", he mumbles.

"Me neither", I want to turn away but the door, which we're leaning on, suddenly opens. Taehyung falls backwards with me on his body.

"Woops sorry", Jin laughs and steps over us.

I look down and see Taehyung's face inches away from mine. I scramble to my feet and clear my throat.

"I think you should g-"

Suddenly a hand pushes me so I end up backed against the wall. Taehyung's figure pops up in front of me.

"What the f-"

"No, now I'm the one to talk. I don't know what just happened and if we're friends because I really love to be friends with you but not if you're going to be like this. How unfair is it to comment on my purple hair, at least it's more exciting than brown!", he rambles, his eyes not daring to look into mine.

"Why do you want to be friends with me? I'm just one of your customers! You don't even know my name for god's sake!Do you pity me? Because I don't have parents? Is that it?", I snap, frustration bubbling in my stomach. I feel his grip loosen so I take this moment of weakness to flip us over.

"N-no I don't care about that", he mumbles, his face flushed from being placed on the spot.

"That's a little rude don't you think? Don't you have empathy?"

His eyes widen, "I-I didn't mean it like that! I-I w-wanted to-"

"And did your mom never teach you how to talk properly Mr. Stutter?", I mock. A battle seems to go on in his mind. His mouth hangs open, unable to say anything.

"You're different", he blurts out.

I take a step back and cock my head to one side, "What?"

He straightens himself, "You don't treat me like everyone else treats me. Yes, I'm aware I look like a child and yes I act childish but I'm an adult. You don't seem to care about that. You're rude and push me around. I like that"

"You like people yelling at you while at the same time you cry whenever someone dislikes you?", I furrow my brows. That purple haired guy really is something special.

"When you say it like that, I sound really weird", he scratches his head.

"You are. I bought candy at your shop and suddenly you followed me home and now you want to be friends with me. No one wants to be friends with me", I turn myself away from him and start going up the stairs. I hear his small footsteps behind me.

"Why?", he asks softly. Something in me snaps by hearing the careful tone, like I'm a ticking timebomb.

"There's a reason I don't have a family, isn't there? No one wants to adopt me because I'm a shitty excuse of a teenager. My past is fucked up, my present is just fucking depressing and I don't even know if I have a future", I turn around, facing him. My yell scaring him a bit.

"I think you're a very nice person", he states.

"You don't know me", I say it slowly so he gets every word into that thick brain of his,"I'm an asshole, just ask the people here"

"You bought candy for that boy. You gave me your jacket and a place to sleep", he takes a few steps closer now I'm frozen on the stairs.

"I don't usually do that", I mutter.

"But still you did it", he shrugs. His brown eyes bore themselves into mine and I feel weird.

"Jungkook"

He cocks his head, confused.

"That's my name. I realised I never told you"

His face is scrunched.
"Jungkook"
He says it in a special way like he's trying to taste the letters on his tongue. I like the way he says my name.

A boxy smile suddenly appears.
"Well Jungkook. We're going to be great friends!"

🍃
Do you guys actually like this story and how it's going? I usually make the story up along the way. I don't have any comments so I just see 40 people reading this but no opinions. I'm not used to writing kpop fanfictions so advice is always appreciated