Chapter 1: The Accident

A/n: (Set at the last part of the anime. Watch it first before reading this fanfic.

Arima Kousei can't stop his tears from falling while he's still sitting in front of the black piano after he finished playing his musical piece

Arima Kousei can't stop his tears from falling while he's still sitting in front of the black piano after he finished playing his musical piece. For the judges and the people around him, it was clearly a great come back. The prodigy that everyone admired finally returned to shine once again.

Most of all, he became even better than he was when he was only eleven years old. He wasn't the human metronome that most people know already. His music had evolved into a more complex degree. Everyone was silent at first until the four judges in front began to stand up and clap their hands. The people began to stand up including Aiza Takeshi, Aiza Nagi and Emi Igawa who watched him outside the backstage.

Aiza Nagi couldn't believe her eyes how great Arima Kousei is as a pianist. She's proud of her piano mentor that tears flowed down her eyes. She's proud by what he reached and passed through.

Amidst the applause was Arima Kousei's sad demeanor. He dried his tears, bowed in front of the people clapping happily for him and returned at the backstage.

When he sat upon a bench, tears flooded his eyes. Miyazono Kaori passed away. Suddenly, he noticed that his phone was beeping inside his black bag. He quickly picked it up and when he saw who's actually calling him, he was shocked to see that it's Watari Ryota.

He dried his tears. "Hello?"

"Were you crying?" Watari asked him. "Your voice sound strained."

"I'm sorry. I just imagined seeing Kaori vanishing in front of me while playing my piano. She didn't pass away, right?" he cried out to him. "Tell me that I was only imagining things out!"

Ryota burst out laughing than feeling sorry which annoyed him so much.

"What are you doing?" he asked him. "Why are you laughing at me?"

Kaori took the phone from Watari. "I'm a ghost... talking to you Arima Kousei!!!"

Kousei couldn't believe it when he heard her voice. He knows that voice well. He was happy when he knew that Kaori's alive and well. She had just finished her surgery but she was already allowed visitors. "Kaori! Kaori! I! I love you! I don't care if I'm Friend A! I love you so much!"