Chapter 23: "I love you"

Start from the beginning

I immediately feel anger hit me like a wave. 

No, anger isn't the right word.

I'm horrified. I'm angry. I'm sad. I'm mad. 

I wanna punch Eddie. I wanna punch him so hard he dies and goes to hell. I wanna kill him.

She sobs harder and harder by the minute.

"What happened?" I ask in a soft voice, but there is a hint of anger in my voice. Maybe if she spoke about the situation, she would feel better?

She wipes her tears with her sleeve, took a shaky breathe and spoke. "We were at the park. Shawn, I swear, I was just thinking how great of a boyfriend he is! We were having so much fun talking and just being...happy. He had to pee so he gave me his phone and went in the trees area." Can't admit I didn't stop myself from laughing there. "He got a message, and he doesn't lock his phone. I just looked down and saw Carole's number." She shakes her head, holding back tears, for sure. "I still have the phone."

"What?! Emma! Give it to me!" I exclaim and grab the phone from her hand.

"What?" She asks, peering over my shoulder to see what I was doing on the phone. Lucky for us, he had those old, crappy phones. I checked for the 'Find my iPhone' app, but didn't find it. I let out a sigh of relief.

"If he had the Find my iPhone app, you would be dead right now," I tell her.

"Oh, right," She says, stiffly. She would usually laugh.

I open iMessage to check the conversation she wanted me to check.

"This is just the chat from t-today," She says, her voice breaking at the end.

I scroll up to where it says at the top 'Today'. I start reading...

Eddie: hey babe

"He called her babe," I hear Emma muttering in the smallest voice and let out a stiffed sob. She makes me wanna wrap her arms around her and just hug her forever. I pretend I don't hear her.

Carole: hiiiiiiiii

Eddie: my lil enthusiastic sunshine <3

Carole: i'm bluSHing

Eddie: <3

Carole: so what are u gonna do today, baby?

Eddie: hm...well I'm going to the park with Emma as u know

Carole: yep, and remember, get as much info out of her as u can. We need to destroy her.

Eddie: how could I forget? we need revenge for stealing Shawn from Bryn and getting u suspended. days without u were hell :(

Carole: i know :(

Eddie: the hard thing is, that girl is a closed book that needs a key to open it

Eddie: and not those weird girl diaries which have the same key for every single one

Eddie: one of these real diaries with hard locks. like a safe box.

Carole: well, we're running out of time so u better get the info.

Eddie: don't worry i got a plan.

Carole: which is?

Eddie: well, i'll just say some really fake bad things about myself so she'll confess to me :)

Carole: genius!!!!!

Carole: that is why i love u!!!!

Eddie: <3

Carole: <3

I scroll down through some useless gossip messages (things that don't have anything to do with Emma, of course) and arrive to 4PM, the time when they decided to meet at the park.

Eddie: ok I see her coming towards me

Carole: great, when should I text u?

Eddie: about 5

Carole: great

Eddie: bye

The next messages are at 5PM. "I was the one talking to her here," Emma tells me. I nod and read.

Carole: so r u still with her?

Eddie: nope, just left

Carole: ok cool.

Carole: we need to figure out the next move

Eddie: ok wait a second.

Carole: sure

I stare particularly no where in disbelief. I can't believe someone could do this to Emma. Eddie doesn't know what he lost, and what he is gonna get.

I won't let him get away with this. 

Emma is full out sobbing. I turn to her, and suddenly, I throw my arms around her and wrap her tight.

"You don't deserve this. And they won't get away without dealing with me," I whisper in her ear.

"I love you," She blurts out in the smallest whisper while sobbing.

I'm shocked for about 5 seconds, then I reply, "I love you more." 

~~~~~~~~

HELLO READERS! 

FIRST OF ALL,

1K ISDSHWLJEKH,WCHMJ I AM SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK U SO MUCH YALL!

I'm gonna update every Saturday. 

VOTE/COMMENT❤️

-Author, J