Ashes to Burn - Chapter Twelve

***This story is intended for mature audiences, as it contains graphic violence, gore, coarse language and some sexual content. Viewer discretion is strongly advised. 

December 14th, 2015

07:30 hours

IRANR Outpost Station #45, Russia

There was an eerie silence that fell upon the room, and well, my sister. I looked at her with shock in my eyes. What the fuck was Bauer thinking, of course my sister didn’t kill Pike. She’s not a murderer. 

At least I don’t think so. 

Bauer let out a breath and returned to where James was standing. His expression was blank, like as if nothing that was said had fazed him. I felt Andy shift beside me as Bauer had the nerve to speak again.

“No answer, eh?” He snorted, throwing his arms up in effect. I rolled my eyes and stepped forward.

“My sister did not kill Pike. She’s not a murderer!” I snapped, feeling angry. My sister’s eyes also shot up, deep with resent. Bauer put his hands on his hips like a sassy bitch. 

“I would like to hear that from her, actually.” He said, rolling his eyes. I was seriously considering slugging him now, but I turned to Andy instead. Her eyes were filled with tears as she stepped closer to him and stared him in the eyes. Her voice was quiet, yet firm.

“I did not kill, nor witness the death of Captain Pike. How dare you accuse me of killing him?!” She hissed sharply. Bauer snorted and spat on the ground.

“You think you’re a leader. Who are your followers then?” He laughed. I stepped forward, crossing my arms against my chest.

“I am.” I said sternly, jerking my chin up, sizing him up. Behind me, Mouse, Derek, Sarge and John stepped forward to stand beside my sister. I watched as Jake and Ali stepped through the crowd, along with a few people. Then slowly, almost everyone stepped forward.

“I haven’t seen my son in five weeks, and he’s only eight. You threw him out there like as if his life didn’t matter!” One man shouted. Another woman stepped forward.

“Yeah! You don’t feed us or anything. I’d rather follow her than you, tyrant!” She yelled out, throwing her fist up in defiance. A whole group of people shouted in agreement. I smiled, crossing my arms to look at Bauer, hate filling my eyes. Andy took a breath before looking at all the people. 

“If you were a leader, these people would rally against me, yet, they are demanding to overthrow your leadership!” Andy said strongly, sizing him up. Jake stepped in beside my sister and I.

“Too many people have been hurt and killed by you. You’re worse than them!” He snarled, bunching up his fists. I put a light hand on his arm and he relaxed a bit. He looked down at me and smiled and I felt heat come up on my face. I took my hand from my arm and looked to the floor. 

I shook the feeling off and looked back up at James and Bauer, who now stood with their jaws on the floor. Andy stepped forward and put her arms across her chest.

“I am the captain now. I officially strip you of your position as acting-captain.” She said, glaring down at him. Bauer snorted then turned back to James, with his head down. Suddenly, he whipped his head around and glared at us.

“They may follow you, bitch, but no way in hell am I going to.” He snorted. Andy narrowed her eyes.

“Well then, you are free to go, Mr Bauer.” She said softly, her voice hoarse. Bauer snorted, before picking up his bag off the floor. He walked towards us with James and a few other following. As he came closer to my sister, he stopped, then whispered something into her ear. Andy shoved him off and he spat on the ground, whipping around. The crowd parted to let him through until he walked out of sight.