Ashes to Burn - Chapter Five

***This story is intended for mature audiences, as it contains graphic violence, gore, coarse language and some sexual content. Viewer discretion is strongly advised. 

December 13th, 2015

09:24 hours

Novosibirsk, Russia

“Julie…” I heard Andy’s voice bring me to my senses. I blinked my eyes opened. The sun stung my eyes, so I shut them tightly again. I felt a hand stroke the side of my face and a cool cloth on my forehead. I slowly blinked my eyes open again. Andy removed the cloth from forehead and sighed. The room smelled of blood and sweat.

“What happened to Mouse?” I rasped. Andy froze. I heard a rustling in the background and Sarge stepped forward. I struggled to get up, causing my head to spin. Andy gently placed her hands on my shoulders and set me down. I didn't break my glare as Sarge sat down beside me. I snarled at her, resisting so badly to smash her face in.

“I’m sorry, Jewels.”

“Bullshit!” I snapped. Sarge swallowed.

“Where is she?” I demanded. Sarge didn’t say anything. My eyes began to water.

“You fucking…” I whimpered. Sarge looked down.

“I…”

“Shut up. Nothing you say will change anything, bitch.”

“Julie…”

“Shut up!” I cried. Andy moved closer to me and rubbed the bandage on my chest.

“You need to calm down. Please.”

“No, not until Mouse comes.” I whimpered, grabbing Andy’s arm and burrowing my head into the crook of her elbow. I heard Mouse's voice faintly from the other side of the door.

“Baby?” I let go of Andy and looked up to see Mouse beside Sarge. She moved towards me and and took my hand. She only had only a twisted-looking nose, other than that she looked fine.

“Are you okay?” I asked, stroking her hand. Her eyes welled up with tears, and Sarge left.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Sarge only tackled me. Her hand slipped into a puddle of blood next to us. I was just shocked that was all. She apologized and I forgave her, don’t worry.” Mouse said quietly. I let out a short breath. Andy rose and whispered something into her ear, and Mouse smiled and nodded. Andy glanced at me once then left the room.

Mouse crawled up next to me and held my hand. She nuzzled her nose under my neck and kissed it. I smiled. Mouse made her way up to my lips. I felt her pry open my mouth, her soft lips kissing my own. She lightly rolled on top of me, kissing me softly. I pulled out, breathing hard. Mouse smiled slyly and kissed me again. I could barely feel her on top of me as we made out in the sunlight. I held her hand in mine as I continued to kiss her. She squeezed it tight as she moved closer to me. I let go of her hand and ran mine down to her waist. I ran them inside and up her shirt, feeling her soft, delicate, warm skin. I took a breath before kissing her lightly. I ran my hands from her shirt, to her belt. I unbuckled it and reached for the button, just as she put her hands on mine. 

“Jewels…” She trailed off, out of breath, looking down at her unbuckled belt. I let go of the belt and wrapped her in close to me. 

“C’mon…” I whispered, curling a lock of hair behind her ear. Mouse put a light hand on my wrapped-up chest.

“Andy’s orders.”

“What? That we can’t-”

“Julie. I don’t want to hurt you that’s all. You’re really fragile. I can’t let you break.” She whispered softly. I kissed her and smiled.