It's a surprise

"Michael" a lump forms in my throats and my heart drops to my stomach. I choked on the one word halfway through but I managed to say it loud enough for him to hear. He turns around and starts running at me, before I can overthink it, he lifts me up and hugs me tightly.
"Damnit, Violet, don't leave me again. You make me so damn happy" he says, still hugging me. He puts me down and I grab my shit from the car and place it in his
"What are you gonna do with your car" he asks. "When we get away from here I'll tell Chase it's here and that the keys are behind the front tire" I say, walking towards the passenger seat.
"Where are we going" I ask when I realize we're heading away from the airport and Chase's house.
"Where I've been staying, it's a surprise" he says and and smiles while placing his hand on my knee and gently squeezes it as he does.
We drive for about two hours and then arrived in Bunbury, Australia. He's been so close to me this entire time, only about two hours. I grab my bags and head into his house where I'm greeted to the smell of cinnamon and coffee. Michael shows me to my room, I place my things down and then he leads me into the kitchen. He lifts me up onto the counter and hands me a mug filled with coffee and peppermint creamer. We both sit in silence, drinking coffee and enjoying the presence of each other. I remember how fond I am of this boy and how much I've missed him. I hear footsteps along with words I couldn't understand. The voice sounds familiar but I can't figure out who, Michael always lived alone. Maybe someone from California came with him- but the voice doesn't sound like anyone from there. As I search my mind, trying to figure out who this person is I see him walk into the kitchen. A moment of realization, followed by guilt kicked in as he looked at me. He doesn't look happy to see me at all.
"I thought you would stay with Chase, now I see we meant nothing to you." Stephen says and walks away.
I know I should've told them I was leaving sooner but I didn't want them to hold me back. This is my decision and I believe I did what was right. I get why he's hurt but the only thing I can think now is why is he here?

A/N: shitty chapter and a late upload. Lack of motivation I guess, sorry. Anyways, have a good day, don't forget to vote and comment c: