36 | A Haunting Melody

( Do Not Play Song Yet )

[ G ]

"Let's hope this works," I said quietly while plugging in the coffee machine and turning it on. Y/N grabbed two mugs and a bag of coffee grounds while I filled up the filter with water and loaded the creamer and sugar. What coffee machine has its own creamer and sugar dispenser?

"Alrighty, just press that button twice for two spoonfuls of creamer and the button next to it once for one spoonful of sugar," Y/N explained as she placed the two coffee mugs underneath the small nozzles that were connected to the main dial for how hot the coffee could be made. I did as she said before turning the dial to one of the middle settings and pressing the button on the side for the coffee to be made.

"And now," I said, stepping back as the coffee machine made a ding! "We wait."

We both walked back into the living room and plopped down on the large couch, our bodies sinking into the cushions. The analogy sparked a memory in the back of my mind, and before Y/N could open her mouth to start a conversation, I was up and running over to the side closet where a whole two stacks of white bedsheets lay.

"Uh, what're you doing?" Y/N asked from behind me, amusement and confusion lacing her tone as she stood up and walked over to me. I grabbed as many sheets as I could and piled them into my arms before turning around with a grin.

Y/N's eyes widened when she saw the sheets, realization crossing her face before a smile spread across her lips. "Remember what we said back in the box car?" I asked as I walked over to the floor to ceiling window to drop all the bedsheets next to the glass.

Y/N grinned and piled bedsheets into her arms before waddling over to the window and dropping her sheets into my pile. "Yup, I can't believe I forgot about that. It was so long ago." She plopped down into the sheets with a smile. I grabbed more sheets from the closet and dropped them on top of her. "It was only, what, two months? Two and a half? Three?" She pushed the sheets off of her and sat up. "I think it was two and a half."

I shrugged before plopping down into the sheets next to her, wondering how a few pile of bedsheets could feel so amazing. "Don't fall asleep, now," Y/N teased as she propped her body up and looked down at me with a smirk.

I opened an eye socket and shot her an amused look before reaching up and putting a hand behind her neck to bring her down for a kiss. She smiled and kissed me back before pulling away and flipping the corner of a bedsheet over my skull.

"You bonehead, what happened to the gentleman that kissed me the other day?" I chuckled and sat up before pulling the bedsheet away from my skull. "You like it when I ask if I can kiss you? I thought you were annoyed by that." She scoffed and shook her head. "Nah, like that old cliche saying, I'm not like other girls."

She winked at me before flashing fingers guns and falling to the floor.

I let out a laugh and reached down to pull her back up. "Okay then, good to know." I gave her a sly grin. "Can I kiss you?" She laughed and pushed my face away before standing up and walking into the kitchen. "Maybe later, but right now, I do believe we have some coffee to taste test."

[ Y/N ]

"Hallelujah! I good cup of coffee!" I exclaimed, almost spilling my coffee as I plopped down into the bedsheet bed next to the floor to ceiling window.

"It's a miracle," G agreed before plopping down next to me with his own mug. "You do realize that now I'm gonna get drunk on coffee, right?" I said, starting to chug my hot drink. G snickered as he watched me set down my empty mug in victory after chugging the whole thing.