09 | Net Traps

[ Y/N ]

"Stop kicking me!" "Well, if you'd woken up properly the first time I kicked you, I wouldn't have had to do it four more times."

I swatted away G's foot and rolled over with a groan, clutching my aching ribs that had suffered his deadly boots. I guess I deserved it since I almost got him arrested and got caught when he told me not too. Honestly, I'm surprised I wasn't dead. "You are in so much trouble, ya' know that?" he sneered while giving me a death glare.

Yet.

I sat up and coughed a bit, my lungs sending an ache through my chest after my great escape. Wobbling to my feet and using a wall for support, I managed to stand straight and finally get a good look at where we were.

Right before I had passed out, I had gotten a glimpse of a warehouse. I had been afraid that G had teleported us back to the same warehouse I had met him in, but now that I got a good look around, I was relieved to find out that it was a different one. The ceiling in this one was intact and only a few windows were broken, boxes crowding the room instead of white sheets over dusty furniture.

"Hey, uh, where are we? Like, what town?" I asked, feeling the arm band warm up on my bicep as it started to heal my sore side. I love my arm band. "We're in the same city, I found this place after I ran away from your little scene." He shot me a look. I gave him a sheepish smile back. "Sorry, but guess what." I dug in my jacket pocket and pulled out the silver pocket-watch I had stolen. "I got the pocket-watch."

A smug grin made its way to my face at G's surprised look. "Can—" "No." "You didn't even—" "Haven't we already been over this?" I smirked, stuffing the pocket-watch back in my jacket pocket. G let out a huff and turned on his heel, walking towards the exit of the warehouse with me following behind him.

"So, where are we going next?" I asked, letting the garage door crash down behind me. Outside the warehouse were empty streets with a bunch of trash by the curb and a few stray dogs running through abandoned buildings. How lovely. "Well first, we're leaving this city since someone got caught stealing," G said, giving me another look. I smiled sweetly back and hooked arms with him. "Aw shut up, you still love me." "Didn't you say you hated me a few hours ago?" "Key words: hours ago."

G let out a snicker and tried pulling his arm away, only for me to hold on tighter with an innocent smile on my face. I started walking in the direction where the outskirts of the city were with G walking next to me, an annoyed look on his face as he was dragged out of the city by our linked arms.

• • •

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, watching as G waved off my warning and continued looking down into the deep hole that we had stumbled across in the outskirts of a ghost town. "I'll be fine, it's just a—"

FWOOSH!

A huge pillar of hot water shot out of the hole and into G's face, causing him to stumble back in surprise and land on his back with a shocked look on his wet face. I cracked up and clutched my sides, wheezing out snorts and choked laughs before falling on the ground, struggling to catch my breath. "Holy—that was great! Oh my god!" I laughed out, G slowly sitting up with a shocked look still on his face. "Why didn't you tell me it was a geyser?" "I warned you earlier not to look in it, ya' bonehead!"

Once I had stopped laughing like a sociopath, I stood up and held out a hand that G grabbed and used to haul himself to his feet. He wiped most of the hot water off of his face with his jacket sleeve while mumbling inaudible things that I suspected were more of his colorful vocabulary.