RJ arrived with Geline and some of the other executives half an hour later and Kayla glanced at Dei at once, giving her a look that definitely said, "I told you so", but Dei grabbed her arm almost immediately and pointed at the direction of the new comers.

They were moving to their seats five tables away from where Dei, Kayla and her friend were seated. It was at the far right of the restaurant, and RJ was ushering Geline into a chair with his hand on her shoulder blades.

"That does not mean anything, Dei," Kayla said right away when she saw the despondent look on Dei's face. "He's just being a gentleman."

"Why would you wear something so flimsy for a dinner with the executives? I can practically see her black lingerie from here," Dei said through gritted teeth. Their faces were hidden behind the menu and their caps were lowered down to cover their eyes.

"Well it's summer time..."

"Wouldn't those people you're trying to spy on find it weird that you both are wearing baseball caps inside an upscale restaurant?" Kayla's friend asked them, eyeing them both with amusement.

"Ssssshhh!" Dei shushed and Kayla's friend laughed quietly.

"She has a point, you know," Kayla said.

"We're practically hidden here, it's alright," Dei insisted. "She keeps touching his arm, that bitch."

"And he's completely ignoring her," Kayla countered.

"Oh no, someone's taking that table in front of them... no!!!!" Dei exclaimed as a family of six started sitting around a table directly in front of the one RJ and his posse were sitting in, and had completely blocked them from Dei and Kayla's view. "Dammit. We have to move, Kayla."

"What?"

"Let's go around the restaurant and hide behind that counter over there. That's even nearer, we can hear what they're talking about."

"I don't think they would be talking about anything other than work, D--"

"Come on!" Dei urged. She was already on her feet, ready to go around the restaurant and find a spot behind the counter a few feet away from where RJ and his group were sitting.

Kayla groaned exasperatedly but still followed her friend.

They reached the counter and hid behind the potted plants there as they watched RJ. He was deep in conversation with the executives but Dei couldn't help but notice how Geline's body was almost leaning towards RJ.

"This bitch is something else," Kayla muttered under her breath. Apparently she noticed it too.

"Excuse me, ma'am, what are you doing here? Do you have a reservation?" a waiter asked behind them.

"Ssssh!" Dei snapped, turning her head towards the waiter. "Yes we do, now keep quiet, please."

Kayla glared at the waiter and he decided to leave them alone.

A few moments later, Dei noticed Geline leaning her head towards RJ and whispering something. He nodded, then pushed his chair from the table and rose from his seat, letting Geline pass. Dei noticed how her hand glided on his shoulder as she went.

"Where is she going?" Dei asked.

"Probably the ladies room," Kayla answered. "Do you want us to follow her? I'll give her a headlock while you beat the shit out of her," she added and she stood up, ready to go.

"No," Dei said, yanking her arm. "Let's stay here and see what RJ's gonna do next."

"Hey!" another waiter suddenly cried out when Kayla stepped back to her previous position and bumped into the waiter, making him almost drop the dishes he was holding. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry. We'll go back to our table in a few minutes. Go on ahead, the customer is waiting for their food," Kayla told him while Dei patted his arm.

The waiter glared at them before leaving, muttering curses under his breath as he walked away.

The two girls turned their attention back to RJ's table and was surprised to see that he was no longer there.

"He's gone," Dei said, her heart clenching as her imagination started going overdrive.

"I didn't even notice him leave. Where could he have gone?" Kayla asked, perplexed. She glanced at Dei and saw the look on her face. "Hey, Dei..."

"Maybe he followed her. Maybe that's what she whispered to him before she left," Dei said, her lips quivering.

"God, Dei. Overthinking much?"

"How else can you explain this, Kayla? I'm gonna bet he followed her to the ladies room and they're gonna do it there, that kinky motherf--"

"Ehem!"

Dei paused when she heard that. Someone had definitely cleared his throat behind them and she was certain she knew who that someone was because she could smell the fragrance of his perfume, which she herself bought last Christmas.

Both she and Kayla turned and she bit her lip when she saw RJ towering behind them with both arms folded across his chest. He was wearing a poker face as he looked at them.

"So what's up?" he asked them, his expression unreadable. "What were you about to call me, Dei?"

"Oh snap," Kayla muttered.