Chap. 28

*Bryan*

Jesse backs up crying. "I swear!"

"Bryan, chill out! She says she doesn't know!" Colton says.

I tug my hands through my hair. My jaw clenches and I take a deep breath. I need to calm down.

Jesse sniffles and wipes her eyes. "I've only ever seen my dad in pictures. My mom would tell me stories about him but that's it and whenever his birthday rolled around we would go to the cemetery."

I take a large gulp of my water. "What does your mom know?"

"I think she really believes he's dead. She cries all the time and she's on antidepressants. 30 milligrams," Jesse says, wiping a stray tear.

Colton hugs her to his side and strokes her hair. Jealousy swirls through my veins, pumping me with rage. Why do bad things always happen to me?

I just want Kylie. Is that to much to fucking ask!?

I stand abruptly, knocking over my water. Everyone has there eyes on me. Some giving me disapproving looks and gripping their children. "Mind your fucking business!" I demand with clenched fists.

Someone clears their throat. "Are you with Kylie Richards?" A small blonde asks. I nod.

"She's awake."

I grabbed the chart from her hand, searching for her room number. 305.

I throw the chart to the ground and speed walk to her room. A nurse bumps into me and I throw him into a cart full of blood bags. "Run into me again and you'll be needing one of those bags," I spit.

305.

I slowly step into the room, searching for her. There she lay, in her blue gown. Bruises on every inch of that once flawless skin. Cuts layer the bruises but seeing the pain in her eyes was the icing on the cake.

"I'm so happy you're okay," I say, kissing her softly on the forehead.

I help her sit up in the bed and she smiles. We sit for a few minutes in silence just smiling but soon her smile fades.

"Bryan, what are the teachers doing helping your gang?" She asks. She looks confused and I don't want to give her a headache with all of her theories, so I tell her everything.

"Mr. Lawson took me out of foster care," I say. She looks at me wide eyed but keeps quiet.

"He's not a saint. He's the one who introduced me to drug dealing so young."

"What?!" Kylie asks shocked.

"He used to sell back in the day with Mr. Katen and Ms. Blight and I saw everything. So I showed Asher, Aaron, and Colton. Eventually we started selling and Mr. Lawson caught on and pretty much the three of them joined forces with us," I explain.

"So they know everything?"

"Yes."

Before she could process the situation, Ms. Blight walks in. She smiles at Kylie but an ant could see that shit is fake.

"This is the lucky girl!" She exclaims.

Kylie scoffs. "Lucky? I just got my ass beat."

"Lucky to have him of course!" She says, putting her hands on my shoulders.

I shrug them off and glare at her. She's been trying to get in my pants since I was fifteen. I've told her time and time again it's not happening but she doesn't seem to get it.

"What do you want, Tina?" I ask annoyed.

"I just wanted to see if she's right for you. Any girl can talk the talk but can she walk the walk?" She asks smirking.

"Bye, Tina," I say standing up.

"Have you guys even had sex?" Tina asks looking at Kylie with disgust.

I immediately get heated. "If you ever come near her on some bullshit again, I'll kill you. Hit on me again, I'll kill you. Now get the fuck out of my sight!"

She mutters a 'fine' and stomps out.

"I'm so sorry about her. She-"

"She doesn't matter. I just wish I could go home but I have to stay overnight," She sighs.

"Well, I'll stay with you," I say.

"You didn't really have a choice."

***************

*Kylie*

"Are you sure you have everything?" Bryan asks.

"I'm sure," I say.

I go to pick up my bag of bloodied clothes but Bryan snatches them away. "Absolutely not. I got it, ok? You just wait here."

Bryan rushes out, bumping into Jesse on his way. She smiles at me but I can sense she's not happy.

"I almost told him I liked him," she says.

I pull her to a spot on the love seat beside me. "Who?"

"Colton," she says, running her hands over her face.

She gazes up at the ceiling, picking at her fingernails. "She's pregnant."

"Who's pregnant?" I ask, sitting up with wide eyes.

"Brittany, is five weeks pregnant," She says.

No way! Colton, isn't that stupid to get her pregnant.

"How do you know?"

"Colton told me," She says.

A/N: Tina needs to back off Bryan before he snaps
Colton is in big trouble and Bryan can't help him this time
Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter
Bye 👋🏽