Chap. 27

*Kylie*

I wake blindfolded with a pounding headache and crook in my neck. Sun blinds me as I slowly sit up holding my head. I call out for Jesse. No answer.

I notice my hands are free so I rip my blindfold off. I don't recognize this place at all. It's an old farm stable that looks completely run down. It smells like horse shit and has holes in the ceiling.

I gaze down at my leg. It's chained to a wooden pole a couple feet away from me. I try pry the chain off but it's no use. I call out for Jesse one last time. The door swings open but it's not her.

Instead I'm greeted with Aaron, a curly blonde, and a guy with lime green hair. My muscles ache and I'm starving but I manage to stand.

"Where is she?" I ask seething with rage.

The blonde smiles darkly and chuckles. "Well we are at a farm so she's probably on someone's plate right now."

I try not panic but it shows and they all smile. I remember Bryan telling me not to show fear so that's what I'm gonna do.

"I bet she taste good," Aaron jokes.

I scoff. "Like you would ever get a taste of her."

Aaron's smile drops and he taps the blonde and points to the door. "Darren, go close the door for me."

"Now we're gonna show you why we're called the Grim Reapers," Blue eyes says.

Darren kicks me in my stomach, knocking the breath out of me. I suck in a breath and stand back up glaring with a smirk.

"Try harder."

And they did.

***************

It's been three hours since my beating.

At least I think it has.

My lip was busted, eye swollen, bruises and cuts galore, and I probably had internal bleeding. The green haired one named Farrow likes to cut. He must've been the one who cut Colton.

They hurt me bad and I've been crying for those three hours but I never let them see it. Once they realized they couldn't break me, they got bored and left.

I thought about Jesse. She couldn't be dead. No way.

I have to get up. I have to find a way out of this stable. I looked at my chain and tried to think of how I could get out without pain but nothing came to mind. I knew what I had to do.

I grabbed my foot and started shimmying out of the chain. My ankle begged for me to stop. It was crying blood and ripping skin but I had to get out. By the time I was done, I was crying, sweating, and exhausted from the pain but I couldn't rest.

I ripped some fabric from my pajama pants and wrapped it around my ankle tight and tied a knot. Can't save Jesse if I'm bleeding to death.

Once I'm standing, I run in search of exits. I find an unlocked door and run outside.

Oh shit.

We're deep in the woods. How the hell will anyone find us?

Can't worry about that. Just get Jess.

I spot a small house in the distance and head for it.

I'm coming Jesse.

***************

I creep up to the door, slightly opening it and peeking in.

It's completely empty.

The whole house is bare. I spot a door on the other side of the room and walk towards it. I push it open and gasp.

Jesse!

She runs up to me and engulfs me in a bone crushing hug. "Oh my god!"

"How come you aren't chained?" I ask. She didn't look harmed at all actually. Why didn't she just leave?

"I don't know! The door must be only locked from the inside because I tried to leave," she said coughing.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the house. I pulled her along as we ran away from the farm. I was searching for a sign of civilization.

A road.

We bolted for the road but the click of a gun stopped us. We looked at each other and slowly turned around.

A familiar face tilted his head with a pout. "I had high expectations for you two and I'm somewhat disappointed."

I crunched up my brow and looked at Jesse. We both shared the same look of confusion.

"I know you from somewhere," Jesse says.

"Put your heads together and figure it out," he says with a smile.

"Who's that?" I ask pointing at a picture on Jesse's fireplace.

Her mom walks around the corner with unshed tears threatening to fall. "Thats her father, sweetheart. He died many years ago before she was born."

I look at Jesse and she looks at me in utter shock.

"You're her dad," I say grabbing Jess's hand. She doesn't move a muscle.

He goes to speak but gunshots are heard in distance.  I take that as a cue to run and drag Jesse towards the road but a hand yanks my shoulder back.

I turn around and kick them directly in the stomach.

"Ow! What the hell!" Mr. Katen screams. What the fuck is my math teacher doing here?

Ms. Blight, Mr. Lawson, and the rest of the gang come running around the corner. They weren't dressed in normal teacher like clothes either. They wore all black leather jackets and beanies. What the hell is going on?

Bryan grabs my hand and continues to run in the direction of the road. "I'll explain everything later, I promise."

A/N: Yay another chapter
Plot Twist!
Glad they're ok though
Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter
Bye 👋🏽