Chap. 22

*Jesse*

I hate grocery shopping, especially at night when it's cold and all the creeps are out. Colton and I went to Walmart to find something for dinner but we weren't having an easy time. Coltons still in some pain from his run in with TGR so I have to carry everything.

An old lady with a toddler, that looks about three, bump into me and I drop everything. She scowls at me and purposely walks on my bread, squishing it completely. "Watch where you're going little girl."

I thought old people were supposed to be nice.

Colton picks up the squished bread and frowns. "Stupid old bag. I'm sorry, Jess, I'll go see if they have any shopping carts available now and get us another loaf of bread."

I smile as he walks off. Colton jokes around a lot but he's a genuinely nice guy. I didn't have many of those growing up.

I never got to meet my dad because he died before I was born but my mom always told me about him. He was a police officer and got shot in a bank robbery three months before I was born.

Four years after his death my mom dated a guy named Stanley and he was a nice guy in the beginning. But when Stanley moved in he started to beat my mom. They'd only been dating a year but he insisted on moving in and my mom was in love.

After three months of constant beatings my mom went crazy and took a crowbar to his face repeatedly. He was in the hospital for two months and when he got out he didn't even come get his clothes from our house because he was so scared. My mom burned everything of his and promised me that she would never date a guy like that again.

She broke that promise.

She dated douchebag after douchebag and was constantly heartbroken. She was so wrapped up in her own hurt she didn't realize I was hurting too. Kids at school picked on me all the time and even though Kylie, who I had only known for a year, was trying to protect me, it still hurt.

I got my first boyfriend at fourteen and we dated for six months until I found out he had cheated on me with Amber Dickens two months into our relationship. When we broke up they bragged about it until Amber got pregnant. She ended up aborting the baby and they parted ways. Rumor has it he's in TGR but I don't care what he's doing anymore. I've moved on.

I always do.

As I bend down to pick up the peanut butter a hand swipes it before I can. I gaze up to see three giant guys staring at me with hard unwavering gazes. I recognized one as Aaron but the other two were a mystery.

One had blonde curls, brown eyes, and a scar that ran from his left eyebrow to his earlobe. The other one had a lime green spiked Mohawk and icy blue eyes that sent a cold chill down my spine. They had black leather jackets with the letters TGR printed in purple on the sleeve and they all wore purple converse.

The blonde who stole my peanut butter spoke first. "This her?"

Aaron yanks my arm forward, earning a yelp from me, and digs my ID out of my pocket. "Yeah it's her," he says in an angry tone. He clenches his hand around my arm tighter and I squirm in pain. Any tighter and he'd snap my arm in half.

"How do you know me?" I stall. I'm hoping Colton will come back soon. I know what I was getting into when I hung out with the guys so I know how they know me.

The blonde shakes his head and laughs. "Connections, connections."

Aaron glares at him. "Shut up, Darren!"

All of a sudden I'm yanked back behind a fuming Colton. I've never seen him so angry before. His jaw  and fists are clenched and his face is beet red. "Don't ever put your fucking hands on her again. I promise you that I'm not drunk this time and I won't let off the hook so easily."

"I was just getting a look, no need to get angry lover boy," Aaron says smirking devilishly.

I slide further back. The green haired boy speaks up next. "The boss wants his future product examined before hand. You know how thorough he is."

"Shut the fuck up, Chase. Jesse isn't going anywhere and if you think I'm gonna back down you can think again. Now fuck off," Colton says glaring.

As the guys walk off glaring, Colton puts the food into a basket and walks to register.

What just happened?

***************

"Hold on my sister's calling," Colton says, pulling out his phone. I raise an eyebrow confused. Colton has a sister?

"Yes, Jovie?"

Colton stalls for a moment then laughs and turns the car in a different direction from the hideout. "I'll come pick you up. Can you bring the cat?"

Colton laughs again and hangs up. I turn abruptly towards him with my mouth hanging. "You have a sister?!"

"Yeah, she's my twin. Her name's, Jovie," he says. Twin? How is that possible and we've never seen her?

"Does she go to our school? How come we've never met her?" I continue firing questions.

Colton rubs the back of his neck with his free hand. "She goes to an all girl private school. She tries to come home every month but it's been two since we've last seen her."

My questions continue until we get to, what I'm guessing, is his house. The door flies open and a petite girl comes bouncing out. She throws her bags into the trunk and climbs in the backseat. She has big blue eyes and bright blonde hair. She looks just like Colton and I think she's beautiful.

Colton starts the drive and I start to feel awkward. She gives off an intimidating aura and I start to feel insecure just sitting in a car with her. What if she hates me?

"Thanks for picking me up, Colt, I was so bored. How are the guys?" she asks.

"They're good. Oh, I almost forgot, this is my friend, Jesse." Colton introduces.

She smiles warmly at me and I start to relax. "My names Jovie and I've heard so much about you and Kylie! I'm so sorry I didn't talk. To be honest, I thought you were one of his whores."

"JOVIE!" Colton yells.

"It's ok Col-" I start.

"I would have at least two girls," Colton says smirking. I slap his arm playfully.

"No but seriously, I really want to get to know you two," Jovie says smiling.

A/N: I'm not really gonna talk about the chapter so sorry but I just wanted you to know that the chapters will be uploaded like every one or two weeks. Maybe even longer... Things haven't been going too well lately but I will get back on track sooner or later