Chap. 14

*Kylie*

"He was such a great boy and he was taken from us. He couldn't hurt a fly, so why would someone murder him!" Ryan's mom cried while reading her speech.

I honestly didn't want to come to his funeral tonight but the whole school was going and Bryan said it would look suspicious if we didn't.

All around me people are sniffling and crying about poor Ryan. What about poor me? I'm the girl who was almost raped twice because of him. He wasn't a great boy and I couldn't sit hear and listen to this.

I abruptly bolt from my seat, heading straight for the door. The bright morning light shines while I walk towards a beautiful lake outside the church. It was peaceful out here and I could finally breathe then all of a sudden I feel a warmth beside me.

"Hurts your heart doesn't it?" Bryan asked while lighting his cigarette. I stayed silent and kicked a small red pebble into the lake. He blew a cloud of smoke in my face and said "You know you hate him but you can't say that at a funeral. You know he hurt you but he could've possibly loved someone else".

"It doesn't hurt my heart actually. He was a piece of shit who tried to rape me and he's probably in hell now." I hissed while clenching my jaw. I have no remorse for people that sexually assault anyone. Dogs get put down for biting people, so why don't rapist? It made no sense to me but I didn't care, I just wanted this funeral to be over.

Bryan chuckled shaking his head and stomped on his cancer stick.

"We're going to our hideout after this so don't make any plans." And with that he walked back inside the church leaving me to my own thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a right to know!" I yelled.

"You don't have a right to anything!" Bryan boomed running his hand through his chocolate colored strands.

"Bryan, I think we should tell her. She deserves to know why they are coming after her." Asher reasoned sending me a small smile. Colton nodded his head in agreement while stuffing his mouth with Cheetos.

Bryan sighed and sat down on the couch across from me "Ok fine". I smiled at him as a thank you and prepared my self to hear his story.

"My parents died when I was eight and I was put into foster care. People said I got mixed in with the wrong crowd but in reality they were the people that helped me. I started selling drugs at ten and started my own gang at twelve. My gang isn't really a gang it's just me, Asher, Colton and the people who helped me out and took me out of foster care. The Grim Reapers hate us because we started selling on their territory but I hate them for other reasons that I'm not comfortable sharing." Bryan explained to me.

Wow, I can't imagine losing both of my parents so young. I understand him a little more each and everyday and that thought makes me happy. He looked at me with cold eyes and brought out a gun.

"This is your gun. We will teach you how to use it properly and you will also be trained in combat. You will train with one of us 4 days a week and you cannot skip. We need you strong and able to protect yourself but I don't think you'll have a problem with that anyway." Bryan said while handing the gun to me with caution.

I'm shocked that they let me use a gun and I pick it up observing all its features. It's a simple black pistol and it actually weighs a lot more than I thought. Asher smiles at me while Colton smirks.

"You look hot with that gun Ky." Colton says while Asher smacks him on the back of the head. Bryan shows me the basics of the gun and teaches me about the safety. He wants to me to carry the gun at all times but he only wants me shoot if absolutely necessary. He also gives me a survival knife with a holster and tucks it into my shoe.

"Use the knife more than the gun and if you are fighting The Grim Reapers, you need to kill them or they will kill you." Asher explains.

"Now that you understand when to use your weapons, let's go train." Bryan smirks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the very short chapter but I have writers block again.

Yesterday was my birthday so now I'm 17!!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Goodbye