Chap. 12

*Kylie*

I hate Monday mornings with a passion. I'm sitting in math class trying to keep my eyes open but I'm definitely failing. I give in and lay my head down on the desk with closed eyes.

Ow! Who the hell threw a pencil at me? I turn around and look at Bryan and he nods towards the door and then gets up and leaves. I can't just leave the damn class. I sigh and raise my hand.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask the Mr. Katen. He nods yes and continues teaching. I hop out of my seat and walk outside the door and start to follow Bryan. We end up behind the school sitting on a bench. Is he about to apologize?

Nope. "I know I told you to stay away from me but something has come up." He says seriously. "What now?" I sigh. He clenches is jaw and glares at the ground.

"You are not safe no matter if we talk or not, so unfortunately I have to protect you. That means that I need to monitor everything you do because they may be watching." He says. Oh god. I don't want him watching me all the time but I need to protect myself. Who is they though?

"Who is they?" I ask confused. "They call themselves The Grim Reapers and they are not nice people. Our gangs have been going against each other for years." He says angry. I nod and look at the ground. How did this happen?

"So we have to be friends now?" I ask kind of hopeful. He glares at me "Hell no, we are associates". I shake my head and stand up.

"See you later best friend." I laugh.

-------------------------------------------------------

During lunch Ryan came to sit with me and Jesse. We were telling jokes and laughing about Ryan's hair.

"You look like Donald Trump right now!" I laughed. He didn't style his hair up today so it looks like he has a toupee on. It's hilarious.

"My blow dryer broke and I couldn't just go to the store this morning!" He cried annoyed at us for making fun of him. It was all fun and games until Doug came over.

"Where's my money Ry-Ry?" Doug spat accusingly. I moved to the other side of the table where Jess was sitting because I did not want to be around him. "Don't do this here." Ryan said in his face. Doug swung a punch but missed and Ryan got on top of him and started punching him over and over. It was too much to handle.

When Ryan went to punch Doug, Bryan held him back and Asher was calming him down. I stared at the scene in shock. They weren't fighting over me, they were fighting over money. What money?

Ryan walked out the cafeteria looking furious and so did Doug. Bryan and Asher walk away whispering about something.

What was that about? -B

Idk I think money -K

Why did you move away? -B

Damn he's been watching me the whole time. I honestly don't want to talk about it but I have to since he has to keep me safe.

Doug tried to assault me at a party but I don't think it was about me -K

Wtf is wrong with them? What was it about? -B

I think money -K

Ok -B

What the hell is going on?

-------------------------------------------------------

After school me and Jess were walking to my car to go home when I saw a letter attached to my car. "What's that?" Jesse asks while we get in the car. I shrug and open the letter.

I'm gonna get you

TGR

The Grim Reapers! Holy fuck I gotta get home! I have to text Bryan! Fuck fuck fuck!!

I drop Jesse off in a hurry and then speed to my house. I'm terrified and right now the only person that can help is Bryan. I run upstairs to my room, slam the door, and hop on my bed.

I take a picture of the letter and send it Bryan.
He texts back 30 seconds later.

Coming to your house rn -B

Do you need my address? -K

No I know where you live -B

How do you know my fucking address?
-K

Bye -B

10 minutes later someone is banging on my door. I run down, grab a knife from the kitchen, and open the door cautiously. Bryan, Colton, and Asher bust in almost knocking me to the floor. They all look serious until they see me with the knife.

"Uhh Ky, what are you doing?" Asher laughs. I put the knife away embarrassed. He just called me Ky, I think as I walk over to the couch where they are all sitting. "What do we do now?" I ask worriedly.

"We protect you." Asher smiles.

"Can I see your room?" Colton asks. "Nice try Colton." I say rolling my eyes. Colton continues to flirt with me while we come up with a plan until Bryan glares at Colton and Colton stops.

"Stop flirting and help me plan!" Bryan yells. I giggle at Colton's scared face. Bryan looks up at me with no emotion when I giggle and then..

He chuckles.

-------------------------------------------------------

When the boys leave I get ready for bed and call Jessie. I need to tell someone about my day cause I'm scared as hell. She picks up after 3 rings.

"Hey Ky." She says groggy from sleep. Poor baby is tired. I sigh and tell her everything from the note to the guys.

"Hot damn! They were in your house!" She yells suddenly awake. I laugh at her excitement.

"Jessie you are so weird omg. Anyways enough about me, what have you been up to?" I ask yawning.

"Well I slapped a teacher." She says but I fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm so bored. I have so many ideas for this story and I can't wait till some action.

Bye ✌🏾️😘